For account approval and general support, email migi@paidforumposting.com or go to https://discord.gg/HtwZ9YD

Road Trips

Nickel

Whether it's cross-country or to and from the store, do you have a favorite driving route? In California, there's a curvy stretch of northbound I-280, north of Palo Alto, where you drive between towering green hills on the right and Crystal Springs reservoir on the left. Sometimes there's fog above it all. I love it!

No, I really don't.  I haven't even thought of it.  I enjoy driving and find it relaxing, but I always stick to the interstate when I can.  I don't pay much attention to the landscape either.  I'm more or less on a mission to get there.  Your route sounds nice, though!  

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

Even if the drive-by scenery isn't that great, one thing I love about being on the road is checking out music playlists. I do this way more while driving than when I'm doing anything else.

• Like 1

• 9 months later...

I do like to make the most of it by catching up on audiobooks and podcasts.  That's probably my favorite way to pass the time while I'm on the road.  However, I recently took a trip to Alabama and the leaves were beautiful and the sky was a brilliant shade of blue.  I made an extra effort to be present in the moment and enjoy the scenery.  I also love driving through Atlanta with their towering buildings and interesting architecture.  Christmas is coming up.  It might be a great time for a road trip to take in the decorations. 

• Thanks 1

• 2 months later...

In Arizona, I have two favorites: I-17 between Sedona and Flagstaff, and I-40 in the Seligman area. The former for its Ponderosa pines and the latter for its Juniper fields. I love the greenery. I was passing through that area a few years ago early one morning in the winter. There was a light snowfall covering the ground and the tops of the Junipers, with a blanket of fog over it all. It all took on an otherworldly look. Some would call it spooky, I thought it was beautiful.

Fun fact: Arizona is home to the largest Ponderosa Pine forest in the world, covering roughly 3 million acres. I consider myself fortunate to be able to pass through the majestic nature of it all from time to time.

Edited by G R