For account approval and general support, email migi@paidforumposting.com or go to https://discord.gg/HtwZ9YD

Share Something Unique

SableC.

Share something unique or cool about yourself.  For instance, I'm a lion tamer - well, sort of.  I was bored to death while staying at home during the height of the pandemic, so I taught a tiger (orange tabby), a lion (floofy tortoiseshell), and a panther (black cat) to do circus tricks.  Our act was the entertainment during work Zoom breaks and the highlight of the day.  I'm happy to be back in the office, but I do miss all those extra cuddles. 

Let's hear something about you. 

• Like 4

In elementary school, I would jump from one obsession to another. I would get library books about dog breeds and memorize each, then I moved to Beatles song lyrics and did the same. However, the one that still makes me go "huh?" is cocktail recipes. I was an odd child!

• Like 2

Two years ago, I managed to balance sports training, academics, and freelance work. I slept in the living room so that I wouldn't oversleep and feel lazy. Those days were full, and I'm thankful that I was able to do that. And to make use of time during commutes, I'd list the things I would do in my head once I get home. But then, thinking back, I was kind of turned off emotionally. So now, I'm trying to improve how I handle my social relationships.

• Like 3

• 2 weeks later...

That's both fantastic and hilarious, Nickel.  It sounds like you'd make an incredible contestant on Jeopardy!

Pokcare, way to be an overachiever without losing too much of yourself.  I'm glad you're working on your social relationships.  Unfortunately, the pandemic probably isn't making it easy.

Edited by SableC.
  • Like 3

• 2 weeks later...

I overcame my stuttering problem.

I was a bad stutterer when I was very young, 5 or 6ish, and I couldn't pronounce my R's either. I sounded like a nervous kid from Boston. lol

Well, speech therapy was given to me by my school to help with my "Boston accent", and during the course of that, I overcame my stuttering. It took a few years, but I got there. 

Pretty cool, huh?

I remember there were 2 young ladies helping me out with this. Looking back, I'm pretty sure they were high school students doing this for extra credits. College prep, and all. They did a great job though.

• Like 2