For account approval and general support, email migi@paidforumposting.com or go to https://discord.gg/HtwZ9YD

On Being Vulnerable Again

Pokcare

I didn't know how difficult it was to deal with my trust issues until I've become closer to another person again. Jumping to conclusions has become a defense mechanism, and making assumptions to prevent any damage from expecting peace again. For a long time, I was alone and believed that people were mere passers-by. I find it really difficult to change this mindset. It feels like one happy moment, and the risk of getting destroyed becomes present. How do you trust?

On 6/5/2023 at 7:19 AM, Pokcare said:

How do you trust?

I'm a pretty private person, so I don't reveal much about myself until I've gotten to know the other person over time.  Maybe that behavior helps me build trust?  I'm not sure; I'm not the best at introspection.   

@Pokcare, does anything seem to help you?  Maybe once people have proven themselves through their actions, you'll begin to lighten up.  Don't be too hard on yourself.  You've realized that there is a pattern to your behavior, and you're working to make changes, which is pretty amazing!  

• Thanks 1

On 6/10/2023 at 6:32 AM, SableC. said:

I'm a pretty private person, so I don't reveal much about myself until I've gotten to know the other person over time.  Maybe that behavior helps me build trust?  I'm not sure; I'm not the best at introspection.   

@Pokcare, does anything seem to help you?  Maybe once people have proven themselves through their actions, you'll begin to lighten up.  Don't be too hard on yourself.  You've realized that there is a pattern to your behavior, and you're working to make changes, which is pretty amazing!  

On most days, my efforts are not evident because I always ask whenever I'm bothered by the smallest thing. It really is an internal work that sometimes I prefer to push away than understand. There are times when I can't help myself but ask and it's a problem that's frustrating.