For account approval and general support, email migi@paidforumposting.com or go to https://discord.gg/HtwZ9YD

Cats shedding and hair cuts

Guest letstalk

Guest letstalk

I have shaved my cats in the past, to keep the shedding down to a minimum it is called a lion cut.  They act a little funny at first, like they don't want to be seen in their new fashions.  But they do seem to enjoy it after a couple of days.

The vet said it was better for them, because they would get less hair in their digestive track.

I was wondering if anyone else did this also, or what your thoughts were on just brushing or doing the cut.

I have always wanted to try this, but right now I have two cats - both about 2 years old. One is smarter than the other, and I think he would scratch the day lights out of me if I tried, the second I might get only half finished. Wouldn't my neighbors look at me funny if I was out in the yard clipping my cats, then see one bolt through the yard half only shaved! :D

I have had cats with short hair and cats with medium hair length. The mediums end up always having digestive issues. The last I had was almost 18 and the older they get the worse it becomes. Any other advice for cat owners? :)