For account approval and general support, email migi@paidforumposting.com or go to https://discord.gg/HtwZ9YD

Difference Between Rebellion and Revolution

winuxchrosh

I have been watching historical movies and it pop up to my mind the difference between rebellion and revolution. From the movies I have watched, it all started from rebelling to a governing body then it grew to a full revolution to overthrow the current government. In my own puny mind, when I hear rebellion then that means bad but with revolution then it would mean new beginnings.

What is your opinion about this?

I think rebellion often signifies a need for change in one particular sector of a society, whereas revolution, as you said, suggests an entire ovrethrow of the government. Rebellion expresses discontent, whereas revolution expresses a desire to take over and renew.

There are many types of rebellion and most people tend to rebel in small ways.  Rebellion is our way of showing discontent or unhappiness with a situation.  Revolution goes deeper.  Revolution says, "Enough is enough, it's time for a change.

• 1 month later...

I agree with Jaytee here. Revolution is an attempt at a complete overthrow of the current government. Rebellions are like revolutions on a much smaller scale.

I think Revolutions are born out of rebellion and often times those rebelling have no idea what they are capable of until they gain momentum.