For account approval and general support, email migi@paidforumposting.com or go to https://discord.gg/HtwZ9YD

Boomerang Kids

Guest jnjsarauer

Guest jnjsarauer

We have a nice big room upstairs that I planned on using for my writer's den when the kids moved out.  Trouble is, they moved out, but they keep moving back in.  I am glad to help them get a leg up in life, but I have to admit I'm getting to the point where I am wondering if I will ever have that upstairs room all to myself.  How do you tell your kids you love them, but they need to be out on their own?

You don't. Honestly I think I think that all you can ever do is encourage them and help them move on, but they still need you and at least where I come from (not America) you don't turn your kids away. You brought them into the world, your choice, not theirs.

I know that I may sound cold, and that I go against the popular way of life in America. But it was my choice to bring my daughter into this world, and I will be here for her till the day I die as I know that my parents would be.

Britlady is absolutely correct. You cannot turn away from your kids ever. Things happen in life that cannot be planned for and the very few people that will always be there for you are your parents. Hopefully your children will always be there for you when you need them as well.