For account approval and general support, email migi@paidforumposting.com or go to https://discord.gg/HtwZ9YD

Does anyone own an Ebook reader?

Narnian

I only know of Kindle and the Sony Reader. I'm actally recieving the Sony Reader as a gift in the mail soon and am very excited! It has a touch screen and I can store notes on it and, well, I just can't wait to use it. Does anyone else own either, and what are your thoughts/reviews on them?

I don't own one, but I was talking with someone about them just yesterday, actually. I know they're supposed to be really great, but I just can't imagine reading something that isn't on paper when it comes to reading books.

I was supposed to be getting one for Christmas however, my husband and I decided that a laptop would be better because I could still read PDF files on it and also use it to work on, etc. I still want an e-reader though! I have looked at the Kindle, Sony's E-Reader, and the Nook and when I compared them I thought that the Kindle came out on top with all the features.

I'm really interested in one of these, however they are really expensive from what I can see. Are there many books available to download? Do you buy individual downloads or what? How does it work?

The devices themselves cost a few hundred dollars, but I think the ebooks cost less than actual books, so buy a few hundred books and you'll save money. The Sony Ereader also can play music I think, and the Kindle can go on Wikipedia.

• 2 weeks later...

I have two Ebook reader programs for the iPhone, and I know that its different but I am not very impressed. I'd rather have a real book that I can touch, I can feel, and I can...... well, smell. I like the way that books smell.

• 1 month later...

No, I don't own one but I've pondered whether or not to give the Barnes & Noble, nook eReader, a try.  For me, I have found that I need to be able to "feel" the book.  I tend to lose my focus when it comes to reading multiple pages on the computer so I feel an eBook would be no different.  I also don't know that it would be easy to earmark a section and go back to it.  I may be wrong, but those are my perceptions. 

Actually, you can have multiple bookmarks with the Sony Reader, and when you select a book to read, it automatically opens to the page you last viewed. You can also take "notes in the margins," only instead of crowding up the screen with your scribbles, a mark just shows where you've taken notes, you tap it, and your notes pop up. :)

• 4 weeks later...

I haven't tried any ebooks, but I have downloaded a collection of short stories to my Blackberry that I'm looking forward to checking out, and I've been spending a bit of time with magazine and sports apps as well.

• 1 month later...

I'm interesting in buying the Sony Reader, the Kindle to me looks far too big and cumbersome. Also I believe the Sony reader is currently cheaper than the kindle.

• 2 months later...

I love real books (agreeing on the smell!) but I also like being able to read in the dark ;) (I have a Palm on which I can read ebooks.) It's nice to have something small on which I can turn 'pages' one-handed, and don't have to have a light on to keep the others in the room awake ;)