For account approval and general support, email migi@paidforumposting.com or go to https://discord.gg/HtwZ9YD

Factors That Makes You Watch A Movie

winuxchrosh

What are the factors that you consider that makes you watch a movie? Is it the cast, the director, the producer, the story, or even the preview that will determine if you want to watch the movie or not?

If I see a good actor in that movie then I will surely see it. Sometimes when the preview is very well done then I end up watching the movie but oftentimes I'm disappointed because I was expecting more based on the preview.

I have friends that decide to watch a movie entirely based on the reviews the movie is getting, and I can't explain how much I dislike that. Not only are you going to go in with preconceptions should you decide to go, but you also usually ruin the plot for yourself and then are rarely able to make an intelligent analysis on your own.

I go to see a movie usually based on the previews, followed by reading a short synopsis. I decide for myself if it was a good movie or not, rather than depending on who directed it, acted in it, or gave it a good/bad review.

I get my interest in a movie mainly from trailers and commercials.  I heard a movie critic say once, if the movie trailer doesn't seem interesting, or funny, or moving, then there's not too much hope for the movie.  After all, they put the best parts in the trailers, right?

I choose a movie based on several criteria.  My latest passion with cinema is Computer Generated material.  I SOOO want to see "Avatar" based on a "behind the scenes" look at how the movie was made.  But I will also base my desire to see a film on the actors, the story writer, the producer, the director, and how much technical effects the film may have.  If the acting is poor but the CG or mechanical effects are outstanding, I'll still enjoy the movie.  If the producer is someone I know has done quality work in the past, then I make an assumption that this film can't be that bad.  The same idea goes for the director or the story writer. 

As an example, I have yet to see a movie with Jonny Depp in it that I didn't like.  Probably my least favorite one was "Cry Baby" but that's was because I don't like 50's pop music.  Sean Connery, Stockard Channing, Demi Moore, Sandra Bullock, Tom Cruise ... a dozen or more actors or actresses on this list.

Brian dePalma is a director/producer whose work I consider first rate so if he is producing something, even if the trailer leaves me a little flat, I'll probably rent the movie anyway.  The same goes for James Cameron (the main reason I wanted to see "Avatar").  I also like Scott Stewart.

If a personality can't hold the movie for me, then photography and special effects has to.  Fall on all 5 catagories and it's a dud of a film.