For account approval and general support, email migi@paidforumposting.com or go to https://discord.gg/HtwZ9YD

Inexpensive Christmas Gifts

Guest jnjsarauer

Guest jnjsarauer

Our budget is tight this year, and I don't know what to do about Christmas gifts.  Our kids are all grown, so it's not like they'll be expecting Santa.  Still, I'd like to have a little something for each person to unwrap.  Any suggestions for some inexpensive Christmas gifts?

The first thing I would think about would be home made things. If you are crafty there are any number of things that you could be doing; sewing, knitting, wood crafts. Baking even-some nicely made baked good used to feature regularly amongst our Christmas exchanges.

Next I would start now, visiting charity shops. I shopped my daughter's entire first Christmas in a charity shop and spent less than ten dollars. I came away with puzzles, a singing Elmo doll, a learn to dress Ernie doll, books....I topped it off with some crayons and play dough and in total I think I spent less than fifteen dollars. You say your kids are grown, so you won't want toys, but there are clothes and house hold goods, books and so on.

Yard sales are good too but time is now tight for them. Watch for sales and coupons, and just prepare people for a small Christmas. Other than that try to relax-it's not all about the gifts. At least, it shouldn't be!

A good place to start your shopping would be dollar stores such as Dollar General or Family Dollar. These stores frequently have quality and even namebrand items for much lower prices than other stores. I also love to give and receive gift cards. The card doesn't have to have a large monetary value to be a great gift!