For account approval and general support, email migi@paidforumposting.com or go to https://discord.gg/HtwZ9YD

There's nowhere as comfortable as your own bed!

Silva

It's that time of year again where we try to decide where we want to go on holiday. We have just returned from a weekend visit to my stepdaughter and her husband where we slept in their spare room on a bed that was just a little too small and just a little too hard and in a room with no bedside tables. This has prompted me to thinking, "Do we really want to go away?" Why not holiday here at home and just go somewhere different every day, then at least we can come home each night to a lovely comfortable bed with our own memoryfoam mattress, where the pillows are just at the correct height and the bedside light is just at the correct angle for reading at night. Where there is a beside table to hold my spectacles and my glass of water and where I can slob around in my housecoat when I get up in the morning until after breakfast.

Maybe I'm just getting old?  :D

Going away on a holiday is something I long for.  It's been ages since I've been able to get the time off from work along with having enough money to feel relaxed enough to truly enjoy being away.

I truly love my bed. It's the best place on rainy days (or snowy like we've had lately) and I sometimes can't wait to go to bed at night to curl up and watch TV!

But my bed will always be there. The vacations are usually for a short time.

I think I have sourced the root of my problem. The last two holidays we have had have been with relatives and, much as we love them dearly, we did not have our own space. When we stayed with my stepdaughter in Alaska we shared a bathroom with my sister in law who also came with us. We also shared every waking hour and every meal with her for 16 days. My stepdaughter gave us space but she did not and I think everyone needs a little bit of privacy. Similarly when we visited my other stepdaughter in the UK recently, we had to share a bathroom, meals and every waking minute. I have realised that, not only do I need my own bed, I also need, at least occasionally, my own space!

I love my bed too, but there is nothing like getting away from it all.  I tend to stay in nicer hotels where I know the beds will be comfortable.

I love going on vacation and leaving work behind.  I also love to leave the drama at home.  Send me on a vacation any day.

I agree, my bed will always be there waiting for me when I get back.

No kidding!  I was sleeping on a spare mattress that we had because my little one has been really sick. My wife sent me to the guest room so I could get some sleep.  Two nights on that thing and I hated it.  I was so glad to be back in my own bed even though our little guy would come in and wake us up because he wasn't feeling well. 

• 1 month later...

Well I beg to differ!  I do like my bed and all but I think hotel beds are the best!  I just love traveling for some reason.  I love flying, and I love waking up at 4 in the morning and all the packing and the preparing and then the hotel beds :D the best!  And I can get it all messy and they clean it up!  And they are always so comfy!  So perfect....

• 1 month later...

There is one solution to this, take your matress and bedding with you, everywhere will be like home then. Might be difficult trying to get it into hand luggage though. That or courier it to your destination.

But in all seriousness, yes you cannot beat sleeping in your own bed. :)

• 2 weeks later...

I have a quick solution for you.  According to my daughter, it's the smell and feel we miss.  So,she takes her top sheet, pillow and blanket with her.  She can't change the feel of the bed, but it smells like hers.