For account approval and general support, email migi@paidforumposting.com or go to https://discord.gg/HtwZ9YD

Let's talk about Pets!

silver_song642

Every forum should contain one or two topics about pets!  We should make it a rule.  :)

I've had a lot of pets.  The majority of them have been fish or chameleons, but I've been fortunate enough to get a dog, as well as a zany cockatiel.

Esper is the name of my cockatiel, though we normally call him Birdie.  He can pronounce that better!  This bird is wacky.  He loved to have his head rubbed and scratched, but if you dare touch him wrong, he'll start biting off fingers!  Esper is also a companion animal, getting depressed if my family and I leave him alone in a room.  He's especially attached to my Dad, though I'm his owner.  All in all though, my bird's a sweet thing.

Dina is my dog; a mutt from a shelter.  She deserved a place to live, and I definitely have no regrets about buying her.  Dina has the gentlest temperament I've ever seen in a dog.  We often joke about how, if a Burglar ever broke into the house, Dina wouldn't do anything but lick and cuddle against them.  She's sixteen years old now, and mostly sleeps.  It's hard to tell if she'll last another year or not, but I certainly hope so.  When I get my own house, I'll buy another dog, but I doubt that it'll be as wonderful as my first dog is.

Anyone else have some pets to talk about?

Guest kitchie

I have a pet cat. Not the fancy ones, just your typical home cat. I call her peachy, because she's so cute and so adorable. She's very white and furry.

I like cats because they're very sweet and cuddly.

Guest Tinkleheimer

Currently, I have a dog and around 6 cats. My mom was supposedly allergic to cats, but a cat followed us home a year or so ago. We took care of him for a little bit and my mom never really got sick. That cat ran away a couple years ago. My sister found a new cat a year and a half ago. We kept her, her name is Skyla. She proceeded to have 2 litters of 6 kittens. We have gotten rid of most of the cats, and thank God all of them are spayed and neutered now.

Currently I own 3 cats, and I love them all very much. While they are not exactly angels (one of my cats loves knocking over the trash can, just so I can pick it back up for her) I greatly appreciate their company, and the intelligence they display sometimes is incredible. There's so many different stories I could share with you about crazy things they have done, and I don't even know where to begin!

Unfortunately, I have no pets at the moment.  When I was younger though, I had many pets--fishes, turtles, dogs (13 at one time), goats, and a parrot.

My favorite however was a dog named Booga, who got his name because he was always playing with his nose.  He was a mongrel, not very big, but very fun and also protective. 

He died during mating season, trying to fight off bigger dogs for some girl dog.  :(  Even when he was badly wounded, and we tied him down, he managed to get loose and continued to fight to his demise.

He is now in my memories as, 'Booga, fighter to the end'.

I'm not totally a big fan of pets since they tend to make a lot of mess. However my family has a quaker parrot, he is kinda small and is just a bit bigger then a parakeet. He is very cute but has caused fighting in the family. Apparently my family cannot take care of such a small animal.

Guest victoria_trix

I love to talk about my two year old Pekingese dog ;D. He is a purebreed that we purchased from a local vet who owns both the mother and father of my little Sammy Lee (yes my dog has a first and middle name  ;)) He weighs 18 pounds and is just like one on my children. I even dress him in the winter time, since we live in Michigan it is rather cold here and I think even my dog needs a coat. Sammy is the only pet we currently have but my husband and I have been giving some thought to getting another dog in the future.

Guest jylread

We have had notoriously bad luck with pets. We've had 9 cats in the last 5yrs. 

Our first was fiesty (read: MEAN!) and we had small children so we found him a new home.  Then we had a gorgeous orange tabby adopt our front porch.  Two weeks later she gave birth to 4 babies!  We found homes for 3 of them and intended to keep Daisy and one of her babies, Harry.  We took her to the vet and had her surgery.  Shortly after that she disappeared.  Harry was hit by a car.  We were given 2 glorious black and white sister kitties.  For some reason they gave us terrible problems with allergies.  They went to a new home.  Now we have Charlie - an enormous grey tabby that we rescued.  He's an absolutely delightful HOUSE CAT.  We're determined to keep him safe and at home!

I've always wanted a talking bird, but I'm afraid of hearing it repeat the things I say!

I'm a sucker for pets. 

We have one dog, a rescue.  Two old cats, adopted after their owner passed away.  An anole, a very boring animal I preferred our leopard gecko, but she died.  And a hamster that keeps me awake at night running on his wheel and rearranging his "furniture". 

Do husband's count?

I'm just kidding, he's just fuzzy and cuddly is all.

Pets...I love them.

The additions to our family include quite an assortment of freshwater tropical fishes in two aquaria and two darling hamsters.

Unlike many other pets, fishes and hamsters do not require a lot of tedious care and manage to get by with minimum routine attention.

Fishes have such a calming influence on us - especially after a long, hard day at work, while hamsters are a completely different story, they are more like fun on steroids.  ; :D

Guest wisedude

I have three cats..

There's Benny (he's black, very long fur, very cute)

Ariella (black/white, very pretty)

Jezebel (tiger cat with spotted belly)

They're all very nice companions, and I enjoy having them as part of the family.  It's not too hard to take care of them, and I find the rewards are endless.

Guest healvialove

I love animals, I have 2 miniature Dachshunds, brother and sister.

I also used to raise Himalayan and Persians so I have a flamed tip Hammy .

They all are house pets, and of course the cat rules.

Guest shading-scars

Pets! Everyone loves some companionship. At the moment I am the proud owner of several fish, and two cats. My own cat is so soft. My brother and I call him Chewy because he is that soft. Then my other cat is all shy, but she loves me. I love my pets.

• 3 weeks later...

Well, I must add my menagerie to the list then. I currently own a Jack Russel Terrier who spends her days trying to walk me.

I am the proud pet of a persian mixed breed cat. Unfortunately she is blind and pretty much lame these days. However, she has me to cater to her needs and I am a dutiful pet.

I also have a boyfriend (does that count?).

• 3 months later...