For account approval and general support, email migi@paidforumposting.com or go to https://discord.gg/HtwZ9YD

Let's talk about television shows.

Guest victoria_trix

Guest victoria_trix

Do you have any television shows that are a must see for you every week or every day? Any television shows that are not currently on the air but that you still love?

I am not much of a television watcher but there are a few shows that are currently on air that I must see each and every week.

I love the show "Dexter" it airs on showtime on Monday. The show is about a man who works for the police department but is also a serial killer who kills only those who deserve it. For example he wont kill just anyone the victim has to be someone who has committed a horrible crime such as killing, child abuse etc. It's really a great show!

I also love "Nip-Tuck". This show is about two plastic surgeons who have been friend since college. It is not reality TV but an actual show with a story line. I really can't get enough of the twist and turns that surround these two doctors and their families.

There are also a few shows that are not currently on television but that will be back for another season soon that I enjoy watching.

"Lost" is one of these shows and I can't wait until January when the show is on air again. "Lost" is about an airplane that crashes on a mysterious island. The show follows the group of passangers through strange happenings that seem to come from some force within the island. You can find tons of information on the show all over the internet.

Guest jylread

"Lost" is one of these shows and I can't wait until January when the show is on air again. "Lost" is about an airplane that crashes on a mysterious island. The show follows the group of passangers through strange happenings that seem to come from some force within the island. You can find tons of information on the show all over the internet.

We adore Lost at my house!  :)  There are so many layers, intriguing characters and hidden meanings.  It's addicting!

We have been anxiously awaiting the return of the show in January and have been wondering what effect the writer's strike will have.  I read on Entertainment Weekly that they have 8 episodes of the show "in the can" and will broadcast those beginning in January. After that who knows? They have ceased production of any further episodes.  YIKES!

Incidentally I have a brother-in-law who works as a film editor in LA.  He has worked on shows such as The Practice, Cold Case etc but in the last year or so switched to feature films. It's a tough line of work. Every time you finish a film you are unemployed and looking for a new job.  Since the strike began, many T.V. shows have ceased production so the pool of editors for feature films is HUGE. Even film work is likely to be affected soon. 

I completely understand and support the position of the Writer's Guild - they deserve fair compensation for digital distribution of their work.  I hope it all comes to a conclusion soon so everyone can get back to work and we can get back to the sofa!  ;)

I watch too much t.v. so I'll keep this short.

Two shows my husband and I really enjoy, that have been effected by the writer's strike, is John Stewart and the Colbert Report.  Political humor just isn't the same in re-run. 

Our whole family loves American Idol.  My kids actually cried when Chris Daughtery was sent home in season 4.  We don't phone in our votes, but we enjoy being "couch judges".

The other addiction, and we'll watch episodes over and over, is Mythbusters.  Who knew you can learn the scientific process so well blowing things up. 

How could I forget!?  :o

Battlestar Galactica returns early next year.  I don't indulge in soap operas but that's as close as I get.  We're hooked.  If we miss and episode, we pay to download it. 

Heroes was a show I meant to watch and then didn't.  Now I've missed all the back story.  Is it something you can pick up on in the middle, or is the story too complex for that?

Any idea on the date, I keep looking for it and it just keeps telling me "soon" pretty much, driving me insane. I used to have a DVR list somewhere, but pretty much we are huge movie and tv show fans here @ my home, the DVR list has to get wiped when its off season for a show, to make room for the new season, if that tells you anything with a 200gig HD in it! :)

Read up on Hereos, it can be told quite quickly, but you will forget who is who, and who has what power and so on.

Some nice little inside details that took place before they found the other ships, commanded by the Admiral that was mudered by another blonde cylon.  Character names are escaping me at the moment.  They could have made Razor into an entire season if they really wanted to.  It's worth seeing. 

Guest wisedude

I'm a MASSIVE fan of "The Wire".  It's an incredible cop show about the drug trade in Baltimore Maryland.  It's just so real, and it's won a massive amount of awards and recognition (time magazine said it's the best show of our generation).  It's really fascinating.  I'm on season 4... Season five is about to start, and I'm bursting with excitement

Guest healvialove

I had one I watched every week, and even enjoyed watching the reruns, till they took it off that is.

Dog The Bounty hunter has been suspended, for a person conversation he had with his son.

Let the Dog return!

Guest shading-scars

As of this moment  I would have to say that The Office is my favorite show with Scrubs in a close second. What appeals to me about both shows is the fact that they consist of unique plots every episode. Also their are many subtle jokes thrown in that forces you to pay attention. However though, the shows are not all about humor, in both shows their is a mix of seriousness and even work place romances. The nice blend of those aspects propels The office and Scrubs to the top of my list of favorite television shows.

Guest AzraelValley

I like to watch TV shows too, especially cartoons.  I know I'm too old for it, but I can't help myself. 

Aside from catoons, I also enjoy watching wrestling. 

My favorite TV show that is not airing anymore is "Hercules".

• 2 weeks later...

Another LOST fan here.  We don't actually have a TV, so I watch it on the computer (ABC: you rock for posting your shows online!  Thank you!!).  I can't wait for it to start up again.  It's just so intriguing, and that last episode, the flash forward... oy, what a cliffhanger!

I'm also a serial Survivor watcher.  I've been watching it for years; long enough that Jeff Probst is starting to look cute.  ;)  I still haven't watched last week's finale, though my lovely brother told me who won, so it's been spoiled for me.

• 1 month later...

I can't necessarily agree with you on "Lost" being one of those shows you cannot wait to see. One show I love is "Boston Legal". It has brilliant and interesting storylines and to say the least it never gets dull. The roster is full of stars and it has a sharp comedic edge to it that you don't see in many shows and is a trade mark of Kelly.

Now i actually am a huge wrestling fan, and even though I've never loved the WWE (used to be WWWF and then WWF) I loved the World Championship Wrestling and Extreme Championship Wrestling of which both are defunct. I wish we could get Total Nonstop Action wrestling in Australia because I have ordered quite a few of their pay-per-views and they actually have good storylines and great wrestling matches. What more could you want? Now I know its not 100% real because lets face it, if they did those moves without protecting their opponents, they'd most probably be dead or paralyzed.

I'm a lover of Scrubs which a great show and I'm surprised never got the ratings in America that it deserves although it went for 7 seasons.

Cheers

• 3 months later...

I see a few Lost fans here.  I am proud to say I have NEVER watched that show. 

"Why," you ask?  I was a huge Alias fan and J.J. Abrahms dumped us for Lost.  I was actually looking forward to Lost until J.J. threw together a quick, get-it-over-with ending, that left many unanswered questions and insulted the audience.

There, I said it.  Let the stone throwing being.  ;D