For account approval and general support, email migi@paidforumposting.com or go to https://discord.gg/HtwZ9YD

Favorite way to spend time online

Guest dn3dj

What's your favorite way to spend time online?  

57 members have voted

1. 1. What's your favorite way to spend time online?

• roleplay games (i.e. Dungeons and Dragons)
    • Forums and Blog sites (unpaid)
    • Games (specify please?)
    • chatting
    • other

I saw a thread for what we do offline, and our pets, and favorite t.v. shows.  How about what we like to do online?

Roleplay games?  Games?  Forums/Blogs? (the ones you're not paid for, the ones you just enjoy based on your interests)  Chatting with friends?  Or the elusive "other"? 

Details please.  I don't know if hyperlinking is allowed here, but I'm sure we can explain without linking to the site if it's against guidelines.  Also, I'm assuming this site is PG, so if your time online is spent with "Adult" interests, perhaps that would be best not being discussed. 

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Dianna

• Primus

• sarahs

• buddys

I'm glued to my favorite forum and chatting with a friend or two. 

I don't know how I did any research for school and special interests before the internet.  All of my communication now is through email.  I like to joke that all my friends are virtual.  :P

I manage a computer network so I find that I spend a lot of time online searching for technical information of one sort or another.

Then there's email.....how did we communicate before the advent of the internet?

And how could I forget.....the shopping?  Even virtual window shopping.  Surely - being online RULES!

Guest wisedude

I do mostly work related stuff - I also buy and sell domain names for fun.  I "dabble" in playing games in my spare time, though not much at all.  The internet is so diverse in its uses, I couldn't begin to list everything I do on it right here :)

Guest shading-scars

I use to be a webmaster of some gaming websites and then a few other failed websites. It was all good times though. I even sold one of my sites a couple years ago. These days I still do a little webmaster work, but most of the time I talk to friends and find nice forums to post at. It gives me some distraction from life.

• 3 weeks later...
Guest emmalou

I would like to learn how to design websites and I spend a lot of time looking at things that interest me, but my ultimate favorite is blogging and writing online. I find it very therapeutic.

Guest ebittner

I spend the bulk of my time online chatting with friends and talking to people on forums, I really enjoy spending quite a bit of time online becasue it gives me something to do between classes and other activities. I also like spending some time on ebay.

• 4 weeks later...
Guest matefork

I spend a lot of my time working online. When I first came into the internet I thought then that there must be a way to earn. I searched for several months and then I found the work at home opportunities websites. I work during the day and some at night where I do some chatting also.

World of Wacraft! Just kidding  8)

My time is a mix between my online classes, blogs, and a couple pc games, most notably BattleField 2142 and World of Warcraft.

I remember when my time was nothing else than online gaming, eight hour blocks of gaming. But now the bills need to be paid to I need to do a bit more than just play games all day.

Social networking, talking to my friends and posting on the forums and blogs I like to visit are by far my favourite activies on the internet. I use it for social purposes and communicating with other people the majority of the time. The only other use I have for the internet is my course work in college. The internet is a great resource for learning and keeping in touch.

I love chatting on-line, I'm always on some kind of forum gossiping away or emailing friends and family or using instant messenger...when I look at it all written down there I must be really annoying some people with my incessant chatter :)

• 2 weeks later...

My favorite thing to do online is to try and figure out what to do with this Second Life icon on my desktop.

I love the idea of setting up a business in a virtual world, but I get through the tutorials and start to fall asleep, close the program and go to sleep for the night.

Maybe if I tried to get into Second Life before the end of my workday, which is often around 1 AM. Does anyone else spend time in Second Life? Maybe you can post a thread on the easiest way to meet people in Second Life without getting spammed to death. ???

I am usually "hanging out" at forums. There is this one webmaster forum that is really relaxed unlike digitalpoint where everything is mainly business. I also have my Final Fantasy blog and i am also helping out a friend with his charity gaming forum.

So yeah blogs and forums lol

• 2 weeks later...
Guest khairil_1

Hi,

I spend most in forum giving opinions and exchange ideas.

I also spend lots of time playing forex trading until i achieve my targets.

Once in the while i play online games.

cheers

I, like so many others, use a computer for work, so one would think I'd be a little burnt out on staring at a screen when play time rolls around, but...  not true!  I am an absolute sucker for forums (I've always wondered, should that be "fora?") and blogs.  It's how I do a lot of my socializing with like-minded folk, plus there are some really great sites out there where the talk is at least somewhat highbrow and the discussions are fascinating.  And I love music blogs!  I have greatly expanded my musical horizons by seeing what others are listening to, what music others value, and what people who share my taste in music think I would like.  In the summer, though, I spend a lot less free time online.  There are a lot of trails out there that need to be hiked!

• 1 month later...

Definitely an "other". I do spend a lot of time on forums and blogs, but one of my favorite things about the internet is I can be doing 8 other things at the same time. I am online all day at work, researching, writing, emailing, etc. and then when I'm home I seem to get lost just "browsing" anything and everything from do it yourself home projects to celebrity gossip to political updates. Definitely (and for anyone who watches "Lost" please forgive me) one of the "other"s.

Well, right now I'm posting in several forums, gaming online (Ikariam mostly), downloading a game (which will take another 25 hours to download), watching the occasional video, and also trying out new things.

Ikariam does sound a little interesting, how long have you been playing for?

I've been playing for about a month. What makes it interesting is the fact that there's no "grind". After playing the usual games (World of Warcraft, EVE Online etc.) I've noticed several things. One of them is that they are all alike. The player travels to a location, does some task, returns to the original location and gets rewarded. Then it's just a matter of doing that over and over again. After a while that gets boring.

Ikariam, on the other hand, is an "empire builder". Once the buildings are placed, the fun is in juggling resources to meet your growing community. Also, since attack is an ever-present possibility, there's also a defence strategy to consider. The multi-dimensional aspects of the game make it much more interesting that your average "run, gun and farm" online game.

The fact that the game operators are friendly and responsive is also a plus point :)

• 4 weeks later...

My favorite way to spend time online is Instant Messaging with friends. I also love to spend time on forums and blog sites (unpaid) for fun and for the friends that I have there. I've never found a game that I can stick with for very long, or an RPG, though I'm up for recommendations (so long as they don't cost anything).