For account approval and general support, email migi@paidforumposting.com or go to https://discord.gg/HtwZ9YD

College Major

Guest shading-scars

Guest shading-scars

What did you major in for college or what are you planning on majoring in for college. I myself am going in for economics. In high school I took an economics class and I fell in love with it. The nice thing about economics is it can back up my future of politics. As soon as I know money, I can deal with more issues and understand socioeconomic limitations of America and make it a base for going into politics.

Guest AzraelValley

My college Major is Computer Science.  I love the fact that I can create new programs.  Now I am trying my luck online with blogging.  I have not yet made a website for my own because I don't want to pay for a hosting plan, maybe a year later I would be making my own website.  I'm still in the process of knowing what I want.

• 2 weeks later...

My college major was socio-cultural anthropology.  Before I went to college I wanted to be a virologist, and work for the CDC or USAMRIID.  It's actually hilarious to me now that I even considered that, as I've come full circle and look at viruses completely differently now.  That is to say, I'm not much curious about the nature of the disease at all, but more curious about how humans live with the disease, how they way risks associated with the disease (like contracting it, or dealing with it on an ongoing basis).  Funny to think of how different my life would be if that first quarter of bio-chem, AP bio, and bio lab hadn't done me in. 

I just wanted to mention I recently read _Freakonomics_ and LOVED it.  That book was wonderful, though I understand the author to be quite untraditional as far as economics go.

My major was psychology. 

I found myself asking questions like:

Why do people do the things we as a group and as individuals do?

What motivates the saint and equally so, the sinner?

Why does the exact same stimuli to two different persons oftenproduce two widely divergent responses?

What methods can promote healthier responses in people to perceived threats.

What is real?

All those things decided me on psychology as a major.

Guest emmalou

I am currently majoring in accounting.  It was more interested when I fist started, but I am determined to finish.  Now it is just plain hard.  I had no idea how many laws and rules there are that apply to accounting.

Guest ebittner

I got into my college by applying to the school of engineering. I came in majoring in computer science and now that I am down with my first semester I found that I do not really enjoy that as much as I thought that I would so I have changed my major to Economics. I aim to be getting my masters in only five years which is one less then it would normally take six years.

I studied at University of Political sciences in Belgrade. My major was media. I intended to become a journalist, and maybe I would become one, if my country wasn't swept by war and my life didn't take different direction.

Anyway, I liked the subjects we had. There was Sociology of culture, Theory of political systems, Political philosophy, Constitutional low and of course, subjects connected with journalism.

I make my living out of something completely different, at the moment, but i still like to learn about various tings, ask other people their opinion and speak my own . 

• 3 weeks later...

My college major will probably be either French or Theatre Arts. I have a lot of areas I'm interested in and enough ambition to back me up, so a double major probably won't be out of the equation. There are always minors, as well. Four years seems to be such a short time to learn everything.

I believe I'm going to end up taking Comparative Literature as a major (something I've always been interested in) and International Relations as a minor (I have no choice in the matter, seeing that the university I will be attending doesn't have a long list of majors/minors).

There are countless areas I would like to study, such as Photography, but that is among the many subjects not offered at the university, so I'll have to wait.

I am taking a Multimedia Programming course. It was not what I had in mind when I first thought about my future however I've been surprised at my overall enjoyment of the course. I've discovered I seem to have a natural skill with computer programming languages (JAVA primarily) and have yet to receive a score lower than 93% in any of my continuous assignments.

Here's a general breakdown of certain college degrees and the average income you can expect in the United States:

Anything less than a High School Diploma: $19,000

High School Diploma: $25000

Some college but no degree: $34000

Associates: $40,000

Bachelors: $60,000

We need not mention that while the differences may not seem much between a degree and non-degree, at least at the lower levels, in the long run the differences are huge.

For example someone with a bachelors will on average have better health insurance, 401K plan, live in a better area, have better credit, have better job security than someone with no college degree.

And once the job market gets tough, having a resume with no mention of degrees of any kind will assure your place behind a register or at the grill.

While someone with a degree will be able to relatively quickly find himself a job as good or maybe even better than his previous position.

So in the end, while we are simply looking at the cash income, the actual worth of a degree is far greater than that.