For account approval and general support, email migi@paidforumposting.com or go to https://discord.gg/HtwZ9YD

Your Computer

Guest AzraelValley

Guest AzraelValley

I would like to know what computer are you using?  What do you use it for?

I am using an AMD Sempron with a fifteen inches monitor, 5++ memory. 

I use it for making money online(mostly paid forums) and chating.

• 2 weeks later...

Hmmm, what's inside that box?

Okay, seriously, I can't remember.  I think it's a semparon, but I really couldn't say for certain and I have no motivation to go look it up in my computer's profile right now.  The important thing to me is the graphic card is good, the monitor is calibrated, and I can run photoshop.  Oh, and I have a very large secondary harddrive on which to store my photos. 

I use it for chatting in forums, and for processing my photos.  I hate to admit that my next computer will be a mac.  Macs being a better interface for graphics work.

I am using an AMD Sempron 2800+  processor on my old hulk, with 1 G ram. I have a 19 inch  monitor though, which makes it a bit nicer.

This machine is definitely overdue for an overhaul and I use it mostly for blog posting and computer gaming.

Guest ebittner

I have two computers, a laptop and a desktop. Right now I am on my laptop which I bought in July. It is a HP Pavilion dv2000. It has a duel core processor with 2GB of RAM and a bright 15in wide screen. I use my laptop mostly for school work and use my desktop which has similar specs for entertainment becasue it has a 20.0 wide screen flat monitor.

Guest vanarp

I have several computers at home. However, I only use one regularly. This is because I've got all my programs and files on that very one PC (in fact it is the same computer I am using to type this message!).

It is a Fujitsu Siemens which I bought less than two years ago. Back then it used to be state of the art, but now its a normal PC. I have 2 GB RAM and a 3.2 GHz processor.

• 4 weeks later...

I've got a keypad and a screen and it does stuff :)

Toshiba Satelite Pro (if you don't mind)

I'm not up on what's good and what's not, but a friend of mine has a Toshiba for the past 4 years and it's working brilliantly, so I figured I wouldn't be going far wrong. I figured I'd be better making up my own mind and going for it because any sales man will try and pawn me off with the most expensive laptop to hand.

I have a Compaq Presario, Pentium 4, 3GHz, 512 RAM, Win XP. Other than that I don't know much of the specific specifics.

I use it for both work and entertainment. Work being  a little bit of everything: webdesign, graphical design, writing, flash animation, translation, statistical overview, tracking, etc. Entertainment being games, movies and internet.

• 3 weeks later...

I am using a Sony Vaio desktop. It uses a P4 1.5GHz CPU with 512 megs of memory. It is kind of a dinosaur already, but I have plans for her.

I can still upgrade the CPU to over 3.0GHz add up to 2 gigs in memory, and add extra HDs. I have been using the Ubuntu operating system (version: Feisty). I love the ability to search files without virus fears, and with Beryl manager in full overdrive, there is not a Windows® desktop I trade it for in the world. I use the GNOME desktop environment as it puts a lower load on my CPU and memory than KDE, but gives me a much more attractive look than using Widow Maker or Blackbox.

I am not the best command line user as I would like to be, but I am learning more every day.

Is anyone else here using another operating system on their computer other than a Microsoft® branded product? I would be interested in how many Apple® or GNU/Linux distros.  :)

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Hi,  I have a machine that doesn't exist yet :) the processor is a Intel Pentium E2140, which I've overclocked to 3.2 GHz.  The motherboard is from Biostar, a TP35D2-A7. There's 3 GB of RAM on it (from Kingston and Patriot) and a Seagate Barracuda 80 GB SATA Hard Disk. The whole thing is powered by Silverstone's Strider ST56F.

Are your eyes glazing over yet ? :)

Not too much actually, considering the performance gains. the E2140 was the lowest-specified dual-core processor that Intel had at the time. The Biostar is a fairly mid-range board, and the RAM are just standard DDR2 DIMMs. I just added an Asus EN8500GT display card, and now I have an optimal surfing computer :)

yeah I though about the "black" edition with is completely unlocked but I prefer stability over pushing the edge.

Actually if you have lots of time, the right hardware and good cooling, an overclocked system can be just as stable as one running at the default clocks. Actually processors can stand to be a good bit faster, if all you're doing is surfing and light gaming. It might be unstable with a high-end game, but that doesn't worry me much because I don't play high end games :)

• 1 month later...

I would like to know what computer are you using?   What do you use it for?

I am using an AMD Sempron with a fifteen inches monitor, 5++ memory. 

I use it for making money online(mostly paid forums) and chating.

I am currently using a Mac Mini.  My dream computer is the MacBook Pro.

I switched to Mac about 4 years ago, and I will NEVER go back to a pc world.