For account approval and general support, email migi@paidforumposting.com or go to https://discord.gg/HtwZ9YD

The hugest worry of nowadays:EMO

Yasmine

The reason I picked up the subject, was given to me by Greek telvision. It's been about a month that every day you have at least one program which analyses the phenomenon of EMO.                                                         

I tried to educate myself on Wikipedia and didn't find anything alarming.Since the freedom of expression is established young people are truing to find where do they belong by distinguishing themself from "the others", whoever "the others" are. That search is manifested through music, dress cod, slang they use...How far one will go and how painfull that will be is individual matter and depends a lot of parent's attitude.                                                       

Maybe hugest worry of nowadays is not the phenomenon of EMO but the phenomenon of seeing everywhere phenomenons and lousing a track of your own responsibilities and actions

• 2 weeks later...

I rather have to agree with you Yasmine in that the issue with EMO is the same with each generation. Every younger generation goes through the angst and drama, consider it a rite of passage as it were. No one ever worried about the world or their place in it before them of course. No one ever experienced the turmoil of hormone driven emotions before. It is brand new each generation.

Each older generation also bemoans the fact that their youth are in a state of decay, and the world will end because they are (insert your issue here..."doing the twist" "becoming a hippie" "my daughter is a flapper").

It is a cycle and one that will hopefully not end soon.

• 1 month later...

I dont think being an emo as such is a huge worry. A real emo is one who is continually depressed, negative and usually cuts him or herself on a regular basis. Plus every generation has had its own phase whereby there is something new to worry about with parents kids. I'll give you a few examples; In the 1950's the explosion of Rock N Roll as such was considered worrying to parents then because it was new and unknown territory. Same with the 60's where people where having sex all the time, peace was the order of the day, dieases and homosexuals became ever more apparant. Hip Hop/rap in the late to early 1990's was also considered something to worry about because of the huge focus of drugs, killing and having non-stop sex, but instead it has become one of the biggest music explosions of our age.

Yes it is slightly worrying but like I said, every generation has its phase. You never know, in the next ten years a new form of music maybe created or simply step into the limelight from the underground scenes and then we'll label it worrying once again.

The whole EMO phenomenon can be seen from two angles I guess.

With each generation we not only makes changes good and bad affecting the human condition, we also grow in population. As population growth and humans impact on the world grows, it does not do so not in a cumulative, but an exponential fashion.

If you are a believer in mass consciousness, or mass mental effect, then EMO may actually be able to impact our world in the area of not only politics and economics, but even on an environmental, or mass psychological level.

If you are not a believer, then we are probably just feeling the effects of getting older. I hate to break it to you, but we only think that the kids nowadays are more aggressive than the used to be, or we are on the verge of a revolution not in our favor, when you are past the age of...

I do think that the greatest worries we have in these days are exponentially different from those of the past. But I do not think it is in the actual problems, but in the mass ability to contextualize them. If CNN® were during the first outbreak of plague in Europe, how would the US military have reacted? We started the Spanish American war over a fit of carnal jealousy through letter writing, so maybe it would not have made a difference, so the question remains unanswered.

• 3 months later...

The stereotype is that they slit their wrists. They are sometimes EMO because of the "fashion".

But sometimes something bad has happened in their life.

Hope that answered your question :D:)

• 1 month later...

I think you perhaps worry about the phenomenon called "emo" much more than you ought to. In my opinion, it's nothing but yet another social stereotype. Frankly, I don't see why it should invite so much interest at all. As long as society exists, and as long as man seeks to gain acceptance and security in being accepted by certain members of the said society who he perceives to be of some importance, we will be divided into social stereotypes, with much lack of understanding between us, the various sub-groups will always think the others are wrong and need help. And will make fun of them.

Anyway, I guess that was just a philosophical rambling. I hope it made a little sense to everyone else.