For account approval and general support, email migi@paidforumposting.com or go to https://discord.gg/HtwZ9YD

Who loves New York City?

Guest Cooper_44820

Guest Cooper_44820

About 4 years ago I had this crazy idea to go to New York City on a whim. So I packed up and left. Keep in mind my idea of a big, crazy city is Columbus, Ohio. When we arrived I stood in awe, this was just like movies portrayed it. Taxi's cutting you off at every turn, Traffic bumper to bumper as far as the eye could see, just absolutely amazing. After driving around and seeing the sights I fell in love with this mysterious city! All off the new age technology meets the ancient renaissance brick structures. This was by far one of the most fascinating cities I have ever been in. Does anyone else share this feeling?

The one time I have been to NY City my impressions were as chaotic as the city itself.

Huge buildings loomed over my head obscuring the sky and threatened to topple on me.

People in crowds jostled by me uncaring of personal space or dignity.

Clerks in stores were suspicious when I said "Hello, how are you today?".

Prices were outrageous for the pocketbook of a small town Texas girl.

In a word it was to me, a huge, scary, impersonal place, full of angry and terse people.

Guest ebittner

I like the city a lot becasue it is only about an hour from my house so I tend to go there a lot. My sister and one of my brothers live there now along with most of my extended family so I know my way around the city pretty well. I really like it a lot ubt only for vists I could not see myself living there as I am a fan of suburbs.

I love New York City.  There is just so much variety.  You can be a part of everything- or just a nobody if that's what you want.  The juxtaposition of like and unlike, Central Park in a concrete jungle, high fashion in the ghetto.  The contrasts...the sameness..the confusion.    ahh, can I tell you, I just love New York City.

• 3 weeks later...

I've lived in cities all my life, so I'm definitely a city girl, but I haven't come to love New York as much as I'd like to. I've been there on several occasions and it's always very exciting because there are so many things to do there. However, I'm not sure about actually living there because the atmosphere is always so hectic. I would need many breaks to escape to the countryside.

I come from Ireland and as such I was never used to a city on the scale of New York. The entire country of Ireland has a population of 5.4 million people which is far less than the population of New York. As you can imagine the city was a shock to my family and I. We found everything in the city so large compared to anything we had witnessed before and the trip was certainly an eye opening experience for us all.