For account approval and general support, email migi@paidforumposting.com or go to https://discord.gg/HtwZ9YD

Back to school

LA

It's that time of year again time to get all those new school supplies and get the kids ready for a whole new year of adventures and learning.

I have been thinking about the fact that it is almost time for my kids to go back to school. I dread the cost of school supplies and school uniforms but I know they miss there friends and are ready to go back. I should be glad considering some kids hate school.

I also feel very lucky. As a grandfatherly thing, my dad has offered to buy all of the grandkids their school supplies. He even offered to take them shopping with the supply list! My kids love this part, but I myself don't.

Maybe you could talk to your dad and ask him if he wants to buy all my kids their school supplies as well. Sounds like a really great guy!

My daughter is entering high school and is not excited at all.  She is very nervous and scared.  I keep telling her that her "high school" years will be the best years of school.

We have not started to shop for supplies yet, we are still waiting on the supply lists from the school.  We will start school clothes shopping soon.

We homeschool :) I've been working on getting things set up to start a new year. I have five schooling this year - grades 11, 10, 8, 4 and K :)

Good for you Dawn! I homeschooled K (though it was nursery really) because my daughter wanted to learn, was frustrated at not being able to read, and because we were in another country. In the USA they start school two years later than we do, and I didn't want her behind when we returned home.

I wish that I could have carried on homeschooling, but she's an only child and craved the company of other kids. Not only that, I had to up my work to support us, so it became hard. I loved how much progress she made, and how quickly too.

I admire you both for homeschooling as I can imagine how time consuming it must be. My 9 year old grandson has just had his "leavers disco" as he goes up to middle school in September and is very excited. One granddaughter will be starting "big school" as well after being in pre-school for part of the week and the other will be starting pre-school. How quickly they grow up!

I am considering placing my little one in a 2 day pre-school program just so she can play with other kids. I am really  leaning towards homescholing though for "regular school" because the schools here just failed their AYP for the 3rd year in a row.

• 1 month later...

Our school has great scores so I have no problem sending my daughter there.  I think people that can homeschool are great, but it's not for me.  I'm an intelligent woman but I don't think I could teach my child everything they could learn in school.

The great thing is, though, that if you teach your child(ren) to love learning, you won't *have* to "teach" them everything they could learn in school - they'll be able to learn it themselves (and retain it better, too!) :)

• 2 weeks later...

I remember how excited I was every year to meet new people and to start my new classes. Psychology was always my favorite. Learning was always something that made me happy and I hope all the kids starting school this year have a great time :P