For account approval and general support, email migi@paidforumposting.com or go to https://discord.gg/HtwZ9YD

Am I the only one that has not noticed? The Writers strike...

Chris_Wagoner

OK maybe its my limited TV viewing, or the fact that I only watch certain shows, but I saw on the news today that Jay Leno of the Tonight Show was going back to new shows as were several others that use writers. And the news went on to say that it had something to do with getting writers again.

OK color me blind or some other problem, but I did not notice any difference in the shows. I have watched the Tonight Show and a few others and really have not noticed any difference in them verses new material.

Am I the only one that has not really noticed this writers strike? Or am I living on such a limited TV diet that I would not notice it? Has anyone's viewing been effected by this strike? Its almost like this strike has made very little difference to my TV viewing. I have been told that my one and only show that I watch every week its on (24 on FOX) has been delayed because of it, but I can live without it. Anyone having withdrawl symptoms ??

You have just looked over some of the shows that have been affected by the writers strike, there are many. I am sure that dwykofka can give you some examples, along with the website that slips my mind right now of the strike and current info on it.

• 3 weeks later...

Yes, I've noticed. Some of the shows I watch have been affected and I'm turning to reality shows for some TV entertainment. It doesn't bother me that much though, because I'm not a big fan of TV. However, the annual awards shows being canceled saddens me because I always get a kick out of them. I was looking forward to this year in particular because of all my favorite stars appearing, but I guess there's no point in complaining. I do support the writers and I'd like to see them win.

• 2 weeks later...

:)

We're not affected by the writers strike in Ireland as we're at least 2 seasons behind American shows. Kind of handy and it looks like we'll have caught up by the time the strike is over :)

I knew about the writers strike but didnt pay it much mind because most of the television is so bad I rarely watch anyway.  I have a few shows that I really like but they are not as good as they could be.