For account approval and general support, email migi@paidforumposting.com or go to https://discord.gg/HtwZ9YD

Getting What You Wanted

winuxchrosh

Are you patient in getting what you wanted or do you want to have it right there and then?

A coworker of mine asked a favor from me and I told her that I will give what she needed after I finish what I'm doing. She then turned around and walked back to her table with murmurs. I didn't do anything wrong, did I?

No, Win, you didn't do anything wrong at all. Some people are just impatient. Impatience is a bit of a pet peeve of mine, especially when someone is asking me to do something for them. Unless it's an emergency, I'm not a puppet who is going to jump up and drop my own work. I think you handled that just fine and she needs to understand that you have more on your plate than just her needs.

I do not think you did anything wrong either.  I would have said well you know what?  You can do it yourself if you want to mumble under your breath.

I always say kill them with kindness, it's the way you will get the things you want quicker.  I for one am much more eager to help someone who is nice to me than someone who is complaining and getting on my nerves.

• 2 weeks later...

I must admit, I sometimes get greedy and want something NOW instead of waiting. However, since I have began writing online, I am getting a lot more patient with myself. Good things take time and commitment. If things were simple and happened instantly, where would the fun in life be?

I must admit, I sometimes get greedy and want something NOW instead of waiting. However, since I have began writing online, I am getting a lot more patient with myself. Good things take time and commitment. If things were simple and happened instantly, where would the fun in life be?

I think that is a very good point, in PFP we all have to pace our work so we hit the finish date and sometimes can't post something we think of there and then because it would be flooding. We have to wait for someone else... essentially teamwork and patience :)

Wow! That would have really irritated me. It would make me very hesitant to want to do anything for that person again. I have a pretty good amount of patience when it comes to that kind of stuff. If I ask for something to be done around the house usually within a few hours is good when it comes to chores and stuff like that.

Depends on who it is, and what it is. When I'm asking my children to do things, I expect them to hop to it! If I'm asking a favor from a friend, I do not expect them to drop everything to take care of my request.

Today is such a fast paced world that more and more people (including myself) can forget their manners at times. I try hard to make sure to be patient and not let how fast this world has become to make me forget. I do not think you did anything wrong.

• 2 weeks later...

Are you patient in getting what you wanted or do you want to have it right there and then?

A coworker of mine asked a favor from me and I told her that I will give what she needed after I finish what I'm doing. She then turned around and walked back to her table with murmurs. I didn't do anything wrong, did I?

To get what I want I use patience and impatience selectively. The default is patience :) When impatience mounts, there are ways of getting our way nicely. Like saying, "You know what win, I really hate to bother you but I simply need this favor from you very urgently. Would you be generous enough to ... {state request} now?"