For account approval and general support, email migi@paidforumposting.com or go to https://discord.gg/HtwZ9YD

Re: If the internet went down today, what ..

Guest GKool

As a fake scenario, if the internet went down, I would personally freak, and then get over it after missing it for a long long time. This has personally happened to me before, once being very active online, and then no longer being able to access the internet.

In a real scenario, I would also freak out, but so would everyone else. If the internet just disappeared one day, a lot of hardships would follow.

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Travis

• lucy1b1

• Tammy

• Pd

Internet going down? That would create a havoc. Today everyone is using internet in their daily lives. Surfing, eMail, VOIP, Video Conferencing etc is used by not only corporations but also common man around the world. Its is pretty cheap way of data transfer and if it goes down, everyone from large corporations to common man would be affected pretty badly.

If the internet went down today I would definitely get a lot more cleaning accomplished in my day that is for sure. Outside of cleaning I am sure I would be nearly completely lost and not sure what I would do to replace the release, which is what the internet has become for me.

If the internet went down today, I won't grieve just for one day and will look at the brighter side that there are other things that could cheer me up. I have been ignoring the television each day due to the excessive use of my personal computer (PC) as if it has always been my favorite hobby to surf the internet. Both machines are meant for entertainment purposes, but the difference is I can do whatever I want with my PC by typing the keyboard and moving the mouse while the television can only change channels as you type the numbers on its remote control manually. If the internet went down today, then it's good that it gives me time to rest because I have been addicted to it so it should put a stop for at least 24 hours.  ;D

Sadly I'd be very lost without my internet connection, even though I have dial-up ( >:(). I am online everyday for at least an hour. Between checking email, forums that I belong to, and just surfing, the time adds up.

Well, I guess we all could live for a day or two without the net ( apart from brokers perhaps, but I don't like them anyway ;p ). However, I can't imagine standing in bank queues again, being unable to check prices at Ebay or having to deal with all the business on paper. That'd be too much.

Anyway, being given those day or two I'd go skiing;) I am craving for it for a month now and the winter still doesn't want to come ;)

I suppose the answer to that question, would depend on the individual answering.  More specifically, to what extent the internet and the cyber world encompasses their respective life. 

Take myself for instance, I've been in and around the internet world since 1996. I still have a Yahoo account from 1998 that I use on a daily basis.  I've witnessed the growth of the internet from a young child, to what can only be considered a freak professional athlete at this point and time.  Not to mention, i still play my Xbox 360 online on a daily basis.

Now, having said all that, I do believe that i can live without the online world at my every beck and call.  I spend a lot of time with my children, I read plenty of books, and I love to converse with my wife. I might also add, that i still play a lot of physical outdoor activities.

To make a final point, I'd like to add one thing...

While the internet is a great tool and a place for immense fun and relaxation, I would like to remind people that life also exists outside the confines of wires and mainframes.  The things that make memories and the interaction we get from day to day activities with each other.  Nothing can replace that.

Not even the mighty internet...