For account approval and general support, email migi@paidforumposting.com or go to https://discord.gg/HtwZ9YD

Does anyone here make jewelry?

shelialk

I was just curious to see if anyone makes jewelry because the jewelry making craze has gotten so big.  I have been crafting jewelry for about 15 yrs but only started selling on the internet a couple of years ago.  Let me know if anyone is a jewelry crafter and maybe we can share note on the big craze.

• 4 weeks later...

I'm sorry to say that I do not make jewelry, but I was curious as to what type of jewelry you make and how your business is going.  I agree that it seems to be a hot hobby right now.  I love to cruise around eBay, and I see all kinds of home crafted jewelry there.  Recently several shops selling jewelry making supplies have cropped up in my city, and seem to slowly be supplanting the knitting supply shops.  It seems that it would be hard to get that sort of thing  going as an actual business.  Although I do visual art, it's not anything I've ever really thought about trying to sell since writing is my primary creative impulse (of course I'm trying to figure out how to make a living doing that, too!).  I'm always interested in how other people make money doing "non-traditional" kinds of work.

• 1 month later...

Have you ever considered putting a "store" on the etsy.com site? I recently stumbled onto it and they have soooo many wonderful handmade things, including all kinds of jewelry. It seems like a pretty easy way to get an online business started and get in touch with others who do the same thing. It made me wish I had ANY talent in the "handmade goodies" arena.  :)

• 4 weeks later...

I wish I could make jewelry. I'm interested in learning crafts that I can eventually excel at enough to sell online or even to open my own shop with. Do you know any websites that teach how to make crafts, such as jewelry? The topic of craft making and selling is fascinating to me, and very artistic and creative.

• 2 weeks later...

All of the artistic talent in the family went to my oldest sister. LOL.

She makes some beautiful jewelry, as a hobby.  Many boutiques have permitted her to sell it in their shops.  Of course, they get a very small percentage.

Sheila, do you have a "trademark" on your jewelry?  Her thing is at least one Swarvorsky Crystal on each item.

I would love to see some of your stuff.

I've only ever made 'fun' jewelry, either for myself or friends.  Last Christmas I made Christmad Pud earrings out of Fimo clay - if I'd known they'd be so popular I'd have made dozens and sold 'em on ebay!  :D

But my son-in-law is a silversmith and he makes beautiful sterling silver jewelry - quite often with diamonds.  Recently, he made an engagement and wedding ring set for a 'happy couple'.  He bought my daughter some 'pink' diamonds so that he could make her an engagement ring (they've been married 5 years!) but he's so busy making jewelry and stuff for other customers that my daughter will be an old lady before he finds the time to make her engagement ring!