For account approval and general support, email migi@paidforumposting.com or go to https://discord.gg/HtwZ9YD

My daughter - the cheerleader

knchatty

I have to say that my daughter (14) amazes me every day.  Over the summer she decided that she wanted to enter a beauty pageant.  She is not a girlie girl in the slightest.  She entered the pageant and did wonderful.  I was so proud of her.

She entered high school this year and decided instead of playing volleyball she would try out for cheerleading.  I was shocked as she has always played sports.  She made the team and is loving it.  Don't get me wrong, she gets mad when someone says she is a "girlie girl" she just says I'm trying new things.

Kids are great aren't they, she amazes me every day and makes me see things in a different light.

Nice to know that you have a talented child. Tell her to keep it up! :)

If only adults are like the youth who have the enthusiasm and the eagerness to try new things then our world would be different. Adults become contented with their life that they are afraid to venture into new things because they are afraid to lose what they currently have.

I try to offer praise and tell her often how proud I am of her.  Honestly I think one of the most important jobs that parents have is to help build our kids self-confidence.

I 100% agree with you though, we do become stuck in our ways.  We don't venture out as much as we could.  I for one am changing that.  I joined the PTO at her school to meet new people and make a difference in her school.  I think we all need to step out of our comfort zones and try something new.  You might not like the activity but at least you tried.

"Way to go" to your daughter! And it's wonderful that she's succeeding at the new things she's trying - it will help encourage her to try again. When one succeeds a few times before the first failure, at least they know things CAN go as one would like. Too often people experience failure and stop trying.

That's awesome! I'm glad she's enjoying herself. I feel like my younger brothers and sisters are my children lol, and they amaze me all the time. They can say the funniest things and act so adult randomly. It's amazing to watch kids grow up.