For account approval and general support, email migi@paidforumposting.com or go to https://discord.gg/HtwZ9YD

When School Becomes a Chore

retrogamer

Many undergraduates fear the inevitable advent of so-called "senioritis"--I saw it hit my wife pretty hard when she graduated this year, but I didn't think it would hit me so soon. I'm only a junior, and my motivation to do well in school is rapidly diminishing. What can I do? Has "I don't want to study-itis" hit you yet?

I don't think I've ever had that kind of feeling but perhaps I am unusual! I love studying and even though I graduated back in 1994 I still miss university. I have since done three teaching certificates and my M.A. I guess I am just wired to be a swot.

Val, if you're unusual, then so am I! I have always enjoyed learning and missed college when I stopped going. I wouldn't mind taking classes now, if I had time!

You're not alone, retro, I definitely hit that point when I was in college. By the time I was a senior, I just wanted to "get my piece of paper" already so that I could get out into the REAL world, work, and make a difference. I did love learning and enjoyed the material in my classes, but I just wanted to get it done with already.

Looking back now, I wish I were still in school!

It hit me real bad when I was a senior.  I had 2 more 10 week sessions left and I wanted DONE!  I went to school for 3 terms then did my externship and then worked full time and went to school with 21 credits for 2 years straight and did 3 sets of summer classes in between!  I graduated with my bachelors in 3 years though, so it was worth it.