For account approval and general support, email migi@paidforumposting.com or go to https://discord.gg/HtwZ9YD

3D TV

Burton

Has anyone here experienced the new 3D televisions? I still haven't seen Avatar or any other 3D film released in theaters in the last decade.

I've also heard that there are a couple channels broadcasting in 3D, so there seems to be a commitment to the format.

Yes, we went to see Toy Story 3 in 3D. The new 3D isn't like the old - it no longer uses red and blue offsets to make it 3D. I'm not sure what the new method is, but it looks just as good without the glasses as it does with (quality-wise) and the 3D is very 3D :)

I saw one of the 3D televisions set up in a Best Buy and took a look. It was cool, but it comes with the same problems that watching anything in 3D always has with me; my eyes feel strained and it all looks overdone and fake. I don't plan to buy one until further in the future, when 3D has become more professional looking and less cartoonish.

I actually got to watch part of Avatar on a 3D TV at a store downtown and I instantly fell in love :-*. I would love to have one at home, but I don't like the glasses, I think they would get uncomfortable. I hope soon they can have 3D TVs where you don't need them.

I'm old enough to remember old 3D films at the cinema and the cheap cardboard glasses that you had to wear so I'm not at all interested in a 3D TV. You tell me that it's better quality but I'd need to be convinced so, until I actually see it, I remain unexcited.

I'm not fond of the idea of 3D televisions. One of my reasons is that it seems to be inconvenient.

For example, if your friends came over to watch TV, would you need to keep extra 3D glasses on hand? Or will they have to bring their own? I guess that's not a huge problem, but it seems like it would be one more thing to remember. ;)

The number of glasses needed while entertaining could be a problem. I guess that's similar to people playing the Wii and needing more remotes.

I think I saw an NHL hockey game advertised to be in 3D. Has anything been broadcast live in 3D before?

I saw a 3D TV during a trade exhibit. It didn't require any special glass. The thing they displayed was the head of a deer. It had the impression of 3D indeed.

It wasn't the object of our visit to that exhibit. So I didn't feel any interest in asking more questions. The moment I see one in a shop these days, i would ask more questions :)