For account approval and general support, email migi@paidforumposting.com or go to https://discord.gg/HtwZ9YD

Neighbors!

Perfect7

I live in a pretty nice neighborhood, and thought we were at least *ok* with most of our neighbors, but it turns out one of them doesn't want my kids playing with hers. What a bummer!

That's really sad. We've had some trouble with the people who live below us, because our dogs can be pretty loud. I have told them I'm sorry and been working on keeping them quiet but it's like they never gave us a fair change because they completely hate us. They won't even say "hello" anymore and glare at us all the time. I'm so glad they're moving!

Luckily we live on a retirement park so all our neighbours are old duffers like us (though I'm one of the youngest  :P) and we all get on really well. Also there are no children, so not much to fall out about.

My daughter, however, has a four year old who plays with my daughter's friend's older children and my daughter has overheard the older kids telling the young one to do silly things, like hit her head against the wall, or they won't play with her. She gave them quite a shock when they realised she was listening! She hasn't banned her daughter from playing with them, just warned her not to do everything they say and she keeps an eye out.

You really have to be careful that you don't allow children (who can be selfish and cruel) to  spoil your adult relationships.

I have some nice neighbors, and some not so nice ones. Years ago, we had a sweet old lady named Emma who lived next to us. Quite a few years ago, she died. And, that was the start of all our problems. We had new neighbors coming in and out constantly. No one ever stayed for more than a few months.

Then, our (now) neighbors moved in & have lived there ever since. They have 2 kids. The parents don't get a long at all. On more than one occasion I have been woken up by them fighting in the wee hours of the morning. I wish they would just move out already!  :(

We lived in a really quiet neighborhood when we first moved in a year ago. Then in January the cops got called out to our neighbors and things have steadily gone downhill ever since. They got arrested for selling crystal meth got released from jail and are continuing on with business as usual and now they have "friends" that have taken over the two houses across the street from them and seem to be living more like a commune than anything else. If they were quiet and kept to themselves it would be one thing but they don't and I also find the number of stolen weapons they found when they were arrested in January a bit disturbing! I miss country life!

At my last apartment, I had neighbors downstairs that seemed to fight all of the time. One of the girls had an ex-boyfriend that came around frequently. A few times, he came around at night and would shout obscenities at her and demanding that she'd come outside.

Needless to say, I'm glad that I moved!

I live in a pretty nice neighborhood, and thought we were at least *ok* with most of our neighbors, but it turns out one of them doesn't want my kids playing with hers. What a bummer!

Ouch! We could have been that neighbor :-[ No, maybe not. We had a good reason for it. We told our 7-year old son not to play too much with our next door neighbor's daughter because she was like her loud mother.

We're friends with her mother actually, but she's a different person when she's at home. She's quiet and shy around us. But she shouts a lot at home. She says obscenities sometimes at every infraction her children makes. This is day in day out folks. That has showed up in her daughter's mouth.

One day we heard our son mimicking those obscenities and we got alarmed. Thus, the warning for our son. Anyhow, we'll be moving out soon. Good riddance.

That is sad! I think it is wrong to not let your kids play with other kids because you don't like their parents.  Now if the kids are brats- then I'm all for not letting them play together.  You would not want the attitude to rub off on your children.  (I am not saying yours are by any means).

We live in the country and have very few neighbors. 

We have a neighbor who screams obscenities at his children all of the time. I don't get into anyone else's business but this guy is over the top. I am really scared for the children and I know I don't have anything to go on to call Children's Services on this guy. All he does is verbal abuse but it really is distressing for us.