For account approval and general support, email migi@paidforumposting.com or go to https://discord.gg/HtwZ9YD

I'm suprised there's no music thread here...

cshinaberry

There's a book thread, which of course makes sense since we're all "write" minded, but nobody is discussing music.  Hey writers, music is poetry too!  So what do you spin when you're in the mood for some quality tunes?  I am really into a genre called kosmigroov, which is free form ecstatic jazz, usually with a spiritual or "cosmic" vibe.  Some of the main artists under this umbrella are John & Alice Coltrane, Pharoah Sanders, Don Cherry, and Carlos Santana.  Kosmigroov was primarily an early to mid 1970s phenomenon, but there are artists today still using the voice of jazz to speak of transcendence.  But it's brain-busting stuff, and not really for sing along fun.  When I want that, I listen to folk of all kinds - folk rock, psych folk, acid folk, neo-folk - you name it, I probably like it.  Probably the weirdest collection of music I have is a bunch of commune recordings from the late 60s and early 70s.

Well, now theres a music thread! :D I listen to anything that has a good beat. I like some country and music that requires an acquired taste like Jack off Jill

• 2 months later...

Probably the weirdest collection of music I have is a bunch of commune recordings from the late 60s and early 70s.

And I probably heard them the first time round  :D

Not keen on folk or country & western although I have to say I do enjoy listening to Dolly Parton.

My own taste in music is quite varied but I have a soft spot for the Beatles because they are from my hometown in Liverpool UK.  I also enjoy the Stones, ACDC, Led Zep, Muse, Maroon 5 - oh! loads of different stuff, really.

My more unusual taste is Gregorian chants (my daughter & her husband just sent me a great recording of the Gregorian choir he belongs to) and the haunting sound of male voices singing (or 'calling' as it's named) Psalms in Scots Gaelic - only ever heard on the Isle of Lewis in the Highlands of Scotland in the UK.