For account approval and general support, email migi@paidforumposting.com or go to https://discord.gg/HtwZ9YD

If Moms Ran the World...

Klicky

It is 44 degrees and raining, and has been like this for two days.  The ground is soaked.  The bleachers are soaked.   The kids have been outside at a field trip all day, and are likely soaked.  

The soccer coach, not being a mom, still wants the kids to play.  

If Moms ran the world, soccer would be played only on sunny afternoons with enough clouds to keep the sun out of their eyes, and enough breeze to keep the bugs away.

I suppose it doesn't really HURT the kids to get a little wet, and maybe teaches them a bit of dedication.  ;)

I think if moms ruled the world, ALL stores would be open late enough for us to shop after the kids are in bed!

I hear you Klicky!  My daughter is a football cheerleader, and of course that means short skirts (which I hate) and cold weather.

Every home game so far has been rainy!  The football players run off the field into their locker room and the cheerleaders have to stay on the field during half time. 

Thursday is her last game  :)  I checked the weather forecast- high of 44 and rain/snow.  Are you kidding me? 

If we ruled the world, there would be no games on cold rainy days.

Three games this week, right after school, which means they end between 6 and 6:30, two of them 1/2 hour from home.  Excuse me, but, supper?  Homework?  Family time?

If moms ran the world any sport that ran through a meal time would be followed by a catered meal.

I think Moms do not need to run the world just to fix the soccer schedule. Lobbying with your school director would be sufficient I guess. Better yet, insist in a parent-teachers association meeting that any school activity after class hours must be pre-approved by the parents :)

• 2 weeks later...

Threads like these make me happy my daughter is still only a year old.  I know it won't be long before she (and we!) are running around like crazy as you all are.

It isn't as bad here as for some of you, since I homeschool and mine don't have a lot of individual activities (and none of them are in organized sports).