For account approval and general support, email migi@paidforumposting.com or go to https://discord.gg/HtwZ9YD

Thanksgiving plans?

Perfect7

It's only about five weeks to Thanksgiving (in the USA)!! Do you plan to go elsewhere for Thanksgiving this year, or are you hosting others at your home? Or, are you one of those families who spends the holiday with immediate family only?

My husband's sister and her family will be in town this year, and we live on the same street as my husband's parents, so I'm sure we'll be getting together, but I'm not sure if we'll be here or at Mom's.

Since my mother-in-law died, we no longer stick with traditional Thanksgiving Day plans.  This year we are planning on taking Grandpa and the kids to a Japanese steak house, the kind where they cook a flaming meal on a steaming hibachi right in front of you.  Nontraditional, but still very memorable.

We will be having our first ever Thanksgiving at our home. My daughter is American, and I spent five years living in the USA. Now she's five and living in the UK, I take the American holidays as a way to teach her about her other heritage.

So this year I'll be having family over, to our tiny house, to balance a meal on their knees! She can have one friend too, so that they get to know a bit about it as well.

I'm not sure what we're doing for Thanksgiving. My husband's family lives on the other side of the state and my family lives on the other side of the country. Last year, my mother-in-law came to visit and had Thanksgiving dinner with us. So far, we don't have any plans for this year.

Things get real hectic around my house for the holidays.  My fiance's mom always host's a dinner and so does my mom.  Then throw an ex-husband with every other year custody into it. 

This year I do not have my son, and my mom has to work Thanksgiving day, so we are celebrating the weekend before.  Then going to my fiance's mom's on Thanksgiving Day.  They both live about and hour and a half away from us (and only 15 minutes from each other).

I haven't been thinking much about Thanksgiving yet. I try to take it one holiday at a time.  :)

Last year we went over to my aunt's house. That was the first time we ever did that. The only reason why we did was because we were going to the beach the next day, and our house was a wreck! Normally we have Thanksgiving dinner at our house. I have no idea what will happen this year, though.

We don't have Thanksgiving Day in my country in the same way as you do it in the USA. However, I sense that in the culture I'm in, thanksgiving is done on the feast day of patron saints, on Christmas Day, on the birthday of every member of the family, wedding anniversary, etc. etc. Weird, but true.

On a more personal note, I'm offering thanksgiving prayer every morning when I wake up and every night before sleeping at this stage in my life. I've been through lots of changes in life situation lately. All these taught me to be thankful in almost all situations.

• 3 weeks later...

My sister is in charge of Thanksgiving so we'll be heading over to her house.  I will actually be working that morning as I work in the medical field and people still need care.  It really eases the stress level knowing I can just head over there after work and enjoy the day.

We'll be going over to my in-laws for a fairly traditional Thanksgiving dinner.  It will be fun, especially now that my daughter is a bit older--last year she was only 2 months old!

My boyfriend and I are going with our roommates to their family's Thanksgiving. I'm so glad they invited us. I feel really loved  :D. This is my first Thanksgiving since my grandma passed away, so it will be nice to still feel a part of a family. I miss her so much.