For account approval and general support, email migi@paidforumposting.com or go to https://discord.gg/HtwZ9YD

Vibes -- do you sense it?

marvinmacs

I got this vibes from time to time about business and people. I didn't know where the vibes came from, but at times I just sensed that something was not right, then at times I sensed that something was perfect. In both cases I knew zip about the person I was dealing with or the project I was getting into or the situation I was about to face.

Oftentimes I labeled this vibes as either pure and simple paranoia or excitement. But in many cases, I didn't take heed of what I sensed and the bubbly guy turned out to be incompetent and that his "great idea" turned out to be a disaster. In other cases, I didn't follow the good vibes and someone else closed the good deal.

You call them "vibes" and I call it my gut feeling.  I almost always follow my gut and at times it burns me.  I used to be one that followed my heart and that was not the right choice all the time either.

I think we all make right and wrong choices from time to time.

Another good word is "discernment." I'm not as good at it as my husband. I usually err on the side of trust. That may not always be a good thing, I know!

I think sometimes we subconsciously form opinions about people based on very subtle facial expressions or mannerisms.

I think I observe what people say and how they react and use that to give me "vibes."

Yes, I call them instincts.  It's funny how we all have different names for the same thing.  When I don't listen to my instincts, I usually pay for it.

Have you ever seen "The Secret" by Rhonda Byrne (http://amzn.to/9IvMlz)? It also talks about the same thing. So I now really believe it's true. This vibes, or hunch, or discernment, or intuition, or whatever name you may call it, is true and we all have to learn how to dance with it. That can be challenging because most of us have been programmed to trust only what is logical.,