For account approval and general support, email migi@paidforumposting.com or go to https://discord.gg/HtwZ9YD

What's your favorite life-changing quote?

marvinmacs

Depending on what situation you're in right now and the challenges you're facing, there may be a quote that simply gives you the needed boost. Have you ever had that kind of quote?

In my case, it's a quote from Jim Rohn ... Discipline is the bridge between goals and accomplishment. I came across this quote just in time. It was when, in the midst of pursuing goals that I'm so passionate about, I felt like I was stuck in the middle of a big lake.

How about you?

"Anyone can become angry.  That is easy.  But to be angry with the right person, to the right degree, at the right time, for the right purpose and in the right way - that is not easy."  - Aristotle

Words to live by.

When I was a lot younger and more intense it was,

"The mind is its own place, and in itself, can make a Heaven of Hell, a Hell of Heaven." John Milton.

Now, I like this one better,

"Happiness depends, as Nature shows, less on exterior things than most suppose." William Cowper.

"Even a fool, when he holdeth his peace, is counted wise: and he that shutteth his lips is esteemed a man of understanding." ~Proverbs 17:28, KJV of the Holy Bible

As one who grew up with a bad case of "foot-in-mouth disease," this has been a lesson I badly needed to learn :)

What I've said during my most stressful times is The Serenity Prayer.  God grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I can, and the wisdom to know the difference.  This always calms me and helps me focus when things seem to be going crazy.

"Live your life so that your epitaph can read: 'No Regrets'."

I read this in a book long forgotten now, and it's stuck with me all this time. I've learned that even bad choices I make are learning experiences, and that I shouldn't regret them because they taught me important things and shaped the person that I am. I have every intention of never holding regrets, and that is one thing that makes me very happy.

And then there's the rhyme that reminds me not to worry.

The worried cow

would've lived till now

if she had saved her breath.

But she feared her hay

wouldn't last all day

and she mooed herself to death!

• 2 weeks later...

I have a recently "discovered" quote, which I'd like to share here:

"I know the price of success: dedication, hard work, and an unremitting devotion to the things you want to see happen." ~ Frank Lloyd Wright