For account approval and general support, email migi@paidforumposting.com or go to https://discord.gg/HtwZ9YD

How do you handle your mood?

marvinmacs

Steve Pavlina gave a very powerful advice on Twitter a few days ago. He said that when you feel blue, just play your favorite music. Then, sing and dance with it. I find that to be very true.

Yes that helps.  Also, if you get busy doing something, particularly something for another person, it can distract you from your mood until you feel better.

I must be a very lucky person because I cannot remember the last time I felt down, excepting major tragedies of course. Since I took early retirement 5 years ago my life has been very fulfilled. :)

I agree that music can help elevate the spirits in many cases. Also, I like to play relaxing music in the car when I'm driving in rush hour.

If I'm in a down mood, I'll probably avoid being around others.

When I'm driving and traffic becomes nasty, I change the music to classical. It relaxes me and holds my temper. Generally though, I play jazz. There's something about jazz that's simply calms me down.

Classical music also calms me down. I go to sleep when I'm really mad and I will be calm after I wake up. I'm good at hiding my emotions to other people except to my girlfriend. Maybe it's because I'm so comfortable with her that I could easily show my emotions to her.

Music or talk a walk, or take a shower, or take a nap. Pause and play a game myself or with the kids. Run around the back yard. Changing the situation often helps change the attitude!

Music or talk a walk, or take a shower, or take a nap. Pause and play a game myself or with the kids. Run around the back yard. Changing the situation often helps change the attitude!

Right! I like the 'take a nap' part.

When I was working in an office, I would go the restroom, repeatedly breath deeply inside the cubicle with my eyes closed. Then I would close my eyes for 5-10 minutes, make relaxed breathing with my body absolutely motionless. That would be around 10min in total and I would come out refreshed.

I change my moods with music!  When I'm feeling down I listen to upbeat music.  When I need to calm down, I listen to slower music or country.

I also exercise to get energized!  Spending time with friends also makes me happy and lifts my mood!

When I'm upset, I usually try to talk myself through it. I will think positive things and try to calm myself down. If that doesn't work, then I may take a nap or write in my journal. Singing is another thing that helps me lift my spirits. I have a lot of things that help me. The trick is, remembering to actually do them lol