For account approval and general support, email migi@paidforumposting.com or go to https://discord.gg/HtwZ9YD

Teething Remedies

spacelover8126

What is your favorite remedy for a teething baby?  My daughter has been working on multiple teeth, including 3 molars, and has been up half the night for 2 weeks despite oceans of Tylenol.  Help!

Hyland's Teething Tablets (yes, I know they have been recalled, but that isn't because they are BAD... it's the "potential" - which I find silly because everything has the POTENTIAL to be bad).

Baltic Amber Necklace (do a search or go to Inspired by Finn, it's amazing stuff).

Anbesol or Orajel.

Ibuprofen or Tylenol.

I have a friend who swears by Hyland's too.  I guess I'll run out and get some later.  I guess you found amber worked for you; it doesn't work for us, unfortunately.

Thanks for the suggestions!

Have you tried frozen waffles? Give the waffle still frozen to the baby and let her/him chew on it. Of course you have to monitor them while they are doing this so they won't get choked on the pieces that come off but it does work well to let them chew the teeth through, especially back molars. Wishing you good luck and sleep! :)

I've tried both teething rings and waffles.  Sometimes she deigns to use them, instead of sitting there crying.

I've gotten a bit more sleep last night, which was great.  I had to go to her only 3 times.

• 2 weeks later...

Cloves are great for numbing painful teeth.  For babies, put some ground cloves on your finger and rub it against her gum.  For adults you either use ground cloves, or you can hold a whole clove against the painful tooth until it feels numb. 

Yes, my little girl has been suffering (and making us suffer) for a few weeks now.  I thought she was better but today was rough again.  It can't last much longer though; she doesn't have that many missing teeth left!

As perfect said the Hylands Teething Tablets are AMAZING.  My son is going through this right now also and things are much better after we got some of these tablets.  You can not find them in the stores though as they have been recalled.  I found them on ebay.

Hyland's DOES currently have a gel out that is nearly as good as the tablets - it contains the same ingredients, but I guess less of some of them. I got a tube of it when I ran out of the tablets this week (poor planning there - I meant to get more before they disappeared everywhere but didn't!).