For account approval and general support, email migi@paidforumposting.com or go to https://discord.gg/HtwZ9YD

John Lennon

Burton

I've been thinking about John Lennon the last few days as I watch CNN's pieces leading up to the 30th anniversary of his murder.

It's hard to choose one song, but I think my favourite of his may be Whatever Gets You Through The Night, with Elton John.

What are your favourite Lennon tunes?

He was kind of before my time, but I am sure I have heard some of his songs (especially the ones that were used in commercials). I cannot really pinpoint a favorite, though.

Right, it's hard to pick a favorite among John Lennon songs. But "Imagine" comes to mind at this moment. It's a song about how we wish the world is like today. I think every generation can relate to it.

Yes, Imagine is my favorite solo John Lennon song too, but then I don't really know much of his work beyond the Beatles.  I absolutely love the Beatles.

Power to the People. With the current political climate in the UK I find this song particularly fitting today, especially after having sat and listened to the news reports this morning.

I saw a larger-than-life display of The Beatles at the mall in an Apple store, after iTunes added The Beatles' catalog to their tunes.

With that and their Rock Band version, I think it's remarkable how much appeal they still have.

True. The appeal of Beatles still reaches out even to the present generation. There is something in their style, lyrics and delivery that the present crop of bands study a lot. After all, how can anyone not study the styles of a band that swept the whole world off their feet?

I actually like quite a lot of what Lennon wrote but my favourite is "Jealous Guy" however I like Bryan Ferry's version of this best. "Woman" and "Norwegian Wood" are two others I love. I'm old enough to have seen The Beatles live when they performed in Newcastle upon Tyne, England in the 60s.

I remember responding to The Beatles on Ed Sullivan's show, but I was a little too young to really grasp the music then.

I think it's remarkable how the band started it's career with relatively basic AM pop tracks like "She Loves You' and evolved into a band that gave us more complex songs like "Revolution" and "Come Together."