For account approval and general support, email migi@paidforumposting.com or go to https://discord.gg/HtwZ9YD

Sex and Violence on TV

winuxchrosh

I like watching TV shows that makes me sit at the edge of the chair. Most of these TV shows often portray sex and violence. Is this the trend on TV shows? Even funny shows like Chuck portrays violence. Do you think that the appetite of viewers wants more blood, gore, and sexy scenes?

Yes I do win, and I have to be honest and say that I like lots of blood, gore and sexy scenes myself! I love horror stories and films and, of course, these usually contain all the aforementioned, however, let me just say that all of this is only exciting to me if it is fiction as there is no way I enjoy watching these scenes in real life.

My only stop-everything-and-watch show is House.  It has some sex but very little violence.  It's problem solving and interpersonal relationships, all wrapped up in medical mysteries, hidden behind a doctor who tells his patients and coworkers exactly what he is thinking.

For fun I'll watch World's Dumbest.  That has some violence, but it's mostly the type of violence of real life people being idiots.  The commentators use rather colorful language, and the bleepers are often a bit slow on their bleeps, but it's sort of relaxing in a bizarre sort of way.

I love all the Cop shows - NCIS, Law and Order -SVU, CSI - Miami, etc.  They are full of violence but I still enjoy them.  When I was younger I watched a lot of comedy, now I watch these shows and reality TV.

I agree with knchatty.  Cop shows are where it's at!  It's a good thing my daughter goes to bed early; she's at an age where I have to be careful what I watch around her.

I never thought I would say that I'm envious of you all having the chance to watch sex and violence on TV! Sadly I have very limited access to English language shows, so the majority of my viewing is of chat shows, (think Oprah from five years ago), or reality TV (Project Runway and America's Next Top Model.)

I rarely watch stuff with sex because of children, but because of a husband and teen boys, I end up watching a lot of violent stuff!

I remember traveling and working nights, not watching TV years ago and every few months I'd be home and check it out. I'd be surprised at how much more risque it became in a relatively short time.

I'm still surprised every now and then at how far they're pushing the envelope.

I must admit, I am not going to complain when there are sex scenes in movies and on TV. It actually reminds me of my boyfriend and make me want to give him a kiss :).. as corny as that may sound. I don't mind gore, but I really don't need to see it. Comedies have become my favorite because they're usually upbeat.

I just have to say that everyone has to step up and take on the responsibility of making this world a better place. What's shown on TV nowadays is just harmful to most people's minds, especially kids!

We have to realize that what you do defines you...and that what you watch contributes to what you potentially can become. So, let's be careful, guys!!  :)

I have a confession to make. I don't watch TV :) What I watch are pre-selected DVDs. After reading something about taking good care of our emotional well-being, I said enough of TV.