For account approval and general support, email migi@paidforumposting.com or go to https://discord.gg/HtwZ9YD

Tasty Holiday Treats

Klicky

My youngest son and I made Egg Nog cookies.  They were soft and delicious and tasty for three days, then suddenly became hard as rocks. 

I much prefer Egg Nog bread and Russian Teacakes.  My husband's favorite is soft ginger cookies.

Egg Nog cookies sound delicious! They would never last more than three days here (8 people!) - would you share the recipe?

I like those Cashew Nougat cookies that only come out this time of year. Yummy!

I'm going to make my grandmother's recipe for Dried Apple Stack Cake. She had one every Christmas and the whole family rushed to get the first piece. It was delicious and still brings back memories of Granny's kitchen where she had an old wood cook stove and always had a cookie or cake for a hungry child.

My dad was Scottish so my mum made Black Bun and Scottish shortbread every Christmas when we lived in the North East of England. Black Bun is literally full of currants and very sweet so I probably couldn't handle it now as I no longer have such a sweet tooth! That's probably why I don't bake any more.

Egg Nog cookies sound delicious! They would never last more than three days here (8 people!) - would you share the recipe?

I like those Cashew Nougat cookies that only come out this time of year. Yummy!

I will share the recipe as soon as I get egg nog again.  The recipe is on the carton, and I didn't write it down.

Oh, yes ,mince pies are traditional here in the UK at Christmas time but they are made with mixed fruit and spices, sometimes alcohol too. I think in the middle ages they were made with meat but not any more. :)

1 C butter                                            3-1/4 C flour

1 C sugar                                              1 tsp baking powder

1 egg                                                    1 tsp baking soda

1 C egg nog                                          2 tsp nutmeg

1/2 tsp salt

Preheat oven to 350.  Cream together butter & sugar until smooth.  Stir in egg, egg nog.  Combine dry ingredients; stir into sugar mixture until well blended.  Place rounded spoonfuls onto greased cookie sheet.  Bake 8 to 10 minutes.  Cook 5 minutes on cookie sheet before removing to wire rack.  Enjoy!

(recipe from Tops brand egg nog)

We made chocolate chip cookies, rice krispie treats, and pretzels covered with almond bark.  I'll have to show the egg nog cookie recipe to my husband; he loves to bake.

At home, Christmas is a time to come back to traditional food in my country. I don't know if they have English names but they're made of cassava, ube, banana, coconut, and other locally grown crops. They're a great and much healthier break from the rounds of fast food we eat in normal days.