For account approval and general support, email migi@paidforumposting.com or go to https://discord.gg/HtwZ9YD

The only thing I don't like about Christmas

Perfect7

I hate that it's a day of no mail. I know that is selfish of me, since the reason there is no mail is so the carriers can have the day off (as well they should!), but I do so miss getting mail. Am I weird that mail time is a highlight in my day?

I love mail time.  I never know what might be there, from letters and cards to bills and reminders to junk and catalogs.  But whatever it is, it's still fun to wait for, fun to pick up, fun to sort through, fun to toss onto the flames in the wood stove.

The only thing I don't like about Christmas is knowing that, for many people, it is not a happy time.  For them it's a time to remember someone they might have lost this past year, or to realize again the depths of their financial woes.  It would be wonderful if it could just be simple and meaningful.

I've always said about mail that no news is good news.  Sure, I love receiving the good mail (cards, letters, catalogs, magazines) but could do without the bad mail (bills).  I know bills are a fact of life, that doesn't mean I have to enjoy getting them.

I like a hundred things about Christmas. But since you're asking for that one thing, it is eating too much meat :) I have grown up eating a balanced diet of fish, vegetables and meat. But the series of Christmas parties always offer meat! They taste good. But they make me feel very heavy inside after several days.

I just love to get mail too! Isn't it funny how many people do? We normally don't get any until late in the day as we are in a rural area but lately we have been receiving letters at 9:30 am because our usual postman has left so there are a number of different volunteers managing his round. I don't like Sundays for the same reason.

The other thing I don't like about Christmas is the silliness of sending cards. I get cards from (and send cards to) people I never see or speak to at any other time of the year!

I don't think it's strange to enjoy getting mail, but I don't mind not having any on Christmas day. Otherwise I look forward to seeing what's come, partly because I get paid by mail.  ;)

I remember there was a teacher in my high school who really looked forward to getting his mail.