For account approval and general support, email migi@paidforumposting.com or go to https://discord.gg/HtwZ9YD

Do People Still Send Christmas Cards?

wim2

There was a time when I sent out Christmas cards religiously, to everyone I know.  But it seemed like, over the years, fewer and fewer people sent cards to me.  So I just quit sending them altogether.  I'll send an e-card to family and close friends, but I just don't have the desire to send cards through the mail any longer.  How about you?  Do you send Christmas cards? 

I do. I finally got into the habit of sending them regularly a few years ago.  Now I'm questioning the environmental impact so I'm not sure what I'm going to do.  Not everyone on my list has email.

The cards we have been sending are photo cards, so the envelope is the only real issue, environmentally speaking. Most people (I think) keep the pictures. Amazingmail photo postcards take care of that angle.

I send out Christmas cards every year.  If I'm a bit late, then I make sure they are Happy New Year cards instead.  So many of my friends put their Christmas cards (that they receive) out for everyone to see, so I send one.  I love getting them too, so I send them.

Great question wim2! I haven't really thought of that lately. I'm a bit surprised to realize that I have not been sending Christmas cards, since 19__. Gosh, I could no longer remember the last card I sent.

But to be fair, that is because of technology. I send and receive lots of Christmas messages via SMS and email. A physical card would be redundant. As one has put it, you do someone a favor by not sending a physical card. That person has less clutter to worry about on his table. But your message of love and concern still reach them digitally.

I think it's a great idea. One of my best friends always sends me one every year and then I end up feeling pretty bad, because I don't make the time to do the same. The holidays just stress me out haha

We still sent some cards out this year and attached some to gifts that were being delivered. I don't send ecards though. I like the real cards.

My mother-in-law calls people with her holiday wishes on the phone.

I do send cards but I have to admit that it's more from duty than desire. I don't send many and certainly not anything like the amount I sent when I was working but every year I vow to tell everyone that I'm donating to charity instead, then I forget!

We stopped several years ago. We either visit if we can, call or email the person. Unfortunately, that is spotty as well. My get up and go, got up and went several years ago and I do have trouble getting with the program early enough to do things like this.