For account approval and general support, email migi@paidforumposting.com or go to https://discord.gg/HtwZ9YD

If the world ends in 2012, how would you want 2011 to be?

marvinmacs

Did you see the movie 2012? I didn't watch it, but I saw many of its trailers. Granting that prediction is true, what are the top three things you would do in 2011?

I'd go into debt up to my eyeballs so I could travel around the world for part of the year, I'd eat whatever I wanted, and I'd spend as much time as possible with my family.

Yeah, if I were SURE the world would end, there would be a lot fewer consequences for a lot of things (such as debt)... I think I would definitely not worry about money/debt in that case!

I would spend every moment that I can with my boyfriend and the people I love.

I would not worry so much about eating right

I would do whatever I thought of on the spot and not worry about spending too much money

I'd want to spend time with family and friends of my choice. I'd probably be more indulgent with food and drink than I'd normally be, but I wouldn't have to go crazy with that. And I think I'd spend a lot of time reflecting on what may or may not be next after this life.

One year wouldn't be enough time to do everything I want to do. I'd probably waste most of it trying to decide what to do first! Of course a lot would depend on who else was convinced that the world was going to end in 2012.

Great answers, and I like Silva's the most -- hahaha!

Let me contribute my own three:

1. I would tell some people about how I truly feel about them

2. I would pack my bag every weekend and go on nature hikes

3. I would write a book and insert it in a time capsule

Trouble is (I'm a party pooper :P) .....

If there was ever actually proof, money would be worthless. Everyone would stop working, because they'd all be partying and living it up. As a result our infrastructure would collapse-there'd be no food, no fuel, no power for houses and hence no heat and light. We wouldn't be able to run our cars and there would be looting.

The end of the world in that way would be chaos. There's my happy thought!

Trouble is (I'm a party pooper :P) .....

If there was ever actually proof, money would be worthless. Everyone would stop working, because they'd all be partying and living it up. As a result our infrastructure would collapse-there'd be no food, no fuel, no power for houses and hence no heat and light. We wouldn't be able to run our cars and there would be looting.

The end of the world in that way would be chaos. There's my happy thought!

That's a really good point. I never really thought of it that way. There pretty much wouldn't be time for any of the things we said, because there would be so many terrifying things going on. My dream is now ruined :P Haha.

• 2 weeks later...

I guess I'd spend my time researching until I could prove that the world would not end in 2012. I would be so busy doubting it, that I would not even notice when it happened.

Well, if it is true, I'd spend all the time I could with my family and friends. And ideally, this is something that everything should do in general. You never know how much time you have left with your loved ones. Something could happen tomorrow--before 2012--and that could be it.

• 2 weeks later...

I would probably tell everybody how I feel about them, lend money from the bank and try to live some of my dreams / put into practice some of the ideas that had never materialized up to then...

I am a bit surprised that nobody said anything about breaking the law in one way or another... :-\

alakazam, that just goes to show that most people are honest when it comes right down to it. The law - for the most part - is there for good reasons and most people don't have to even know the law to follow it, generally speaking.

• 3 weeks later...

Here is a list of what I would do:

- I would spend quality time with my family and friends and tell them how much I care for them.

- I would live a life filled with pleasure. That includes no strict diet, no list of things-to-do, no more worries.

- I would store certain items in a time capsule.  :D