For account approval and general support, email migi@paidforumposting.com or go to https://discord.gg/HtwZ9YD

Is it just us?

maker4ever

Is it just my family, or is there some horrible mega virus going around that is taking everyone down? We all had flu shots yet we are so sick, it feels like the flu but with nausea! We pretty much feel like we were hit by a bus! Anyone else suffering with this too?

There's a stomach bug going around our schools, but so far we've been lucky.  (knock on wood)  We have never been ones for flu shots - it seems like getting the shot would give us the flu, so we stopped getting them.  But then, my grandma gets one faithfully every year, and she's 102,so maybe they work after all.

I hope you feel better soon! I don't get out much at all lately, so I haven't gotten sick. It always seems like people, no matter where they live, get the same type of thing around the same time. It's pretty interesting.

But then, my grandma gets one faithfully every year, and she's 102,so maybe they work after all.

At 102 she's probably encountered so many different strains of the virus already that she's naturally immune anyway.

For what it's worth, we've been hit this week. My daughter had scarlet fever, I had strep. She's been very poorly, in pain, unable to eat, throwing up for a couple of days-didn't eat for three days and ended up at the hospital to be evaluated on Saturday late night. She's doing much better now but is still really tired, sleeping 14-15 hours a day, isn't eating well yet (managed 800 calories today which is huge comparatively!) and so is living on meal replacement shakes.

I'm wiped out. It's been horrible, and I feel so sorry for her.

Both my ears are congested for some reason and yesterday, my stomach was sore like I'd done lots of push ups or something.  Trust me, I don't do push ups.

But I'm like Queen.  I haven't been getting out much lately, mostly because it's been too dadgum cold.  Me and cold (and cloudy and dreary) don't get along very well.

Both my ears are congested for some reason and yesterday, my stomach was sore like I'd done lots of push ups or something.  Trust me, I don't do push ups.

But I'm like Queen.  I haven't been getting out much lately, mostly because it's been too dadgum cold.  Me and cold (and cloudy and dreary) don't get along very well.

The cold doesn't sit with me very well. It used to and now I just can't handle it lol. I don't mind it here and there, or if I'm sitting around the house because I can throw a blanket over me, but when I'm out and about, I want to feel the sun and feel warm, not like a Popsicle.

There are a lot of viruses going around. Between the weird weather and people refusing to stay home and recover when they're sick, people's resistance is down and the germs are rampant. We've had a respiratory virus and a stomach virus so far.

I so desperately want to move south!!!!! You read my mind on that one! But my family doesn't want to go! :( We are still sick but at least we don't feel like we were run over by bus! I don't know how we caught this, my kids are home schooled and we haven't been going out. I think one of my friends brought it over! Grr.

Britlady, sorry to hear about your daughter! Just hang in there, she has a great mommy to take care of her. Last time my son had scarlet fever his hands and feet swelled up and looked like balloons. Scarlet fever is a pretty tough one!

I've lived as far north as Cincinnati, Ohio, but this was when I was a teenager and I actually had fun in the wintertime.  I'm glad I live in the south, as I was born here and this is where I need to be.  I don't think I could handle the coldness of the north anymore.  One of my friends in Toledo just emailed me and said it was supposed to go down to 9 degrees F the day after tomorrow.

Nine degrees!?  You might as well move to Alaska or Russia.

There seems to be an outbreak of something or other all over the world. Luckily we haven't been hit with anything yet even though my husband always refuses his flu jab each year, but relatives and friends are reporting sickness, colds and 'flu especially affecting young children.

BL, I hope she is fully recovered soon.

While I didn't get the flu shot, my son did. He has a bunch of other health conditions. He still caught this bug, so what ever it is must not be what was in the flu shot. I am feeling a lot better today, but now I think it has turned in to a sinus infection! BL, keep us updated, get well thoughts for you and your daughter!

Everyone in my house has been just fine and no one has gotten sick. We all got a flu shot this year, so I am not sure if that has something to do with it or not. As far as I know, no one that I know of has any type of illness either.

We all had a nasty cold over Christmas, which made for a fun holiday.  It took me awhile to shake it too; my ears were badly clogged for over a week.

For weeks I've had a cough with some congestion, but my nasal passages don't plug. I have heard of a cold going around, but I haven't compared notes with the people suffering from that. I'd say my condition isn't like a traditional common cold.

I hope everybody's feeling better soon.

• 4 weeks later...

I didn't get the flu shot although my place of work made it mandatory. I didn't have the time to go to the clinic and deal with auditors at the same time. I was sick for an entire week after that but I don't think it was a flu.

When I was a kid, my father insisted everyone in the family get flu shots every year.  But since I've grown up, I haven't gotten the shot.  Luckily, I haven't had the flu in years (knock on wood), because when I get it, it puts me down for two weeks solid!  I try to stay healthy and take megadoses of vitamin C to keep my immune system running well, but I still get the occasional clogged ears/congestion/runny nose type of symptoms.  Usually, a dose of Benedryl and some hot tea make me feel better.