For account approval and general support, email migi@paidforumposting.com or go to https://discord.gg/HtwZ9YD

What's Your Favorite Winter Food?

buddys

Mine has to be soups, stews, chili. Nothing warms you up like a wonderful soup. It smells delicious and most of all it can be heated up for different family members who have different schedules. It is the ideal winter food as far as I'm concerned. What's your favorite?

I love soups, too! And chili with cornbread. Yum! It isn't the same category, but I think my *favorite* would have to be hot chocolate! Sonic (a restaurant here) has a spiced hot chocolate that is just wonderful!

I'll third that!  I love making homemade veggie beef soup, but instead of buying a can of Veg-All, I cut up my own veggies.  Ground beef, potatoes, onions, celery, corn, green peas, macaroni and two cans of diced tomatoes.  And then my very own fried cornbread.

Gosh, I'm hungry all of a sudden.  A big o' pot of homemade soup does sound good!

Wim-I was thinking of making a big pot of chili for supper with pimento cheese sandwiches and cornbread on the side! Yummm. I will have to make brownies for my wife too. It's a rule in my house, if we have chili, we have brownies for desert. Now I have to go to the store!

Soups, stews, chili, anything I can pour into a thick ceramic mug and hold with both hands.  Especially thick creamy soups with chunks of stuff.  One of the weirdest soups I've loved is potato soup with cucumber and dill.  Just drop cubes of cucumber into plain old potato soup, and sprinkle some dill on top.  Warm  it up and crunch away.

(Am I allowed to smite someone for making me hungry?  ;))

I'm with you as well buddys. I make a mean slow cooked chilli beef curry that we both love and once I've put everything in the pot in the morning there isn't any other preparation and it's ready to eat in the evening. It usually lasts us for a couple of days too. I'm not familiar with cornbread but home made crusty granary goes well with an soup, stew or casserole, and I'm hungry now also!  :D

Soups are ok, but I like foods with lots of bread.  For example, tomorrow we will be eating a yummy beef/mushroom/onion tart.  I can't wait!

Chili is one of my favorites! I love throwing it into the crockpot and having it cook all day. I also like having a big mug of hot chocolate, even though I have it almost all of the time. :)

Today was -25 so I cooked up some homemade chicken 'n dumplings. It's so good with fresh vegetables vs frozen and the kids will eat anything with dumplings on it!

• 2 weeks later...

My favorite "winter food" is chili!  I love it hot and spicy with lots of crackers and sour cream.  I also love broccoli cheese soup and homemade clam chowder.  You are all correct, saying the nothing warms you more than soup!

I also love a steaming hot cup of hot cocoa when I come in from sledding or building a snowman.