For account approval and general support, email migi@paidforumposting.com or go to https://discord.gg/HtwZ9YD

It's official, I'm addicted.

Silva

I really am addicted to the internet as I have discovered over the last few days, although I have suspected this for a while. When I turned on my PC on Wednesday morning my router refused to connect me and I then spent long periods, at various times during the day, talking to my ISP. When they could not solve the problem, they offered to send an engineer on Friday afternoon and it was Friday evening, after buying a new router, before I was on line again. It has seemed like a lifetime and I have been miserable, lost and bored but I am happy again now and, unfortunately, a lost cause!  :D

Welcome back!  It is way different to have your addiction taken from you than to willingly set it down.  I'll bet if you chose to take a day or two off it would not be a problem.  But when suddenly, WHAMMO, out of the blue it's gone, all you can do is grieve and fret and worry.

Better the internet than some more life-threatening and/or expensive addiction!

It's like when I quit smoking.  I couldn't be without cigarettes, because that's all I ever thought of.  But as long as I had a pack in my shirt pocket, I was fine and could go all day without smoking any.  I'm proud to say that I haven't smoked since March of 2008.

I understand, Silva.  The past couple weeks, I've been having troubles with my computer.  At one point, I couldn't even get online.  The first thing I thought about?  "Great, now I'm gonna get behind on my posting work and it'll take me forever to get caught up again!"

But yeah, I agree....I'm addicted.  You could take away my television, my stereo, even take away my bed.  I can sleep on the floor, just don't mess with my computer.

Haha. Well, I'm glad you figured things out and you got back online. I'm pretty sure most people are addicted to the internet. I'm addicted to my computer in general. It has my music, my stories I am attempting to continue to write, my work, and my pictures and videos of my family. It has my entire life.

Whether or not I'm addicted is moot, as the internet is our livelihood and we couldn't get rid of it if we *wanted* to (which, of course, we don't)!