For account approval and general support, email migi@paidforumposting.com or go to https://discord.gg/HtwZ9YD

Do you believe in Feng Shui?

marvinmacs

Having studied martial arts, I can claim that I have first hand experience about "flow of energy." It's invisible but real. An attempt to "violate" that flow almost costed me a broken arm. Our Sensei has constantly reminded us to feel that energy during our meditations and understand its behavior when we do our exercises.

My Chinese friends say it is the same "flow of energy" in our homes that people study in Feng Shui. If so, then feng shui isn't superstition but is something real.

What do you think about feng shui?

What little I know of Feng Shui  came from a few pages in a novel (and you know how reliable that must have been :)).  In the book a teenager was acting out and it turned out that her bedroom was directly over the kitchen (a Feng Shui no-no), so they put one of those miniature water-running-over-rocks thing in her room and all was well.

I'm sure there is more to it than that, but it sounds like it would be interesting to learn more about.

I don't know what to think. It seems illogical, but it does seem to have some principles that make sense (to some degree). If it IS true, then my house is definitely in violation! LOL!

• 2 weeks later...

I have discussed Feng Shui with some of my friends of Chinese descent. One of them said, if you follow each and every rule of Feng Shui you'll end spending a lot on renovations, LOL! The Chinese, being practical people as well, know the limits to one's fascination about something. However that friend has not invalidated Feng Shui in general.

It completely makes sense to me. All things have energy, so why wouldn't it have an effect on us? I do believe everything in moderation, so don't go renovating your house! Move your furniture around or add some pieces to help the energy flow; small changes can make a huge difference.