For account approval and general support, email migi@paidforumposting.com or go to https://discord.gg/HtwZ9YD

Headaches

Perfect7

How do you treat a headache? I often get sinus headaches (especially at times like now when there are a lot of weather changes), and I also get headaches due to pinched neck nerves.

We heat with a wood stove, so I get sinus headaches from the smoke.  I use a nasal allergy spray for that one. 

Caffeine gives me a headache, especially tea (even decaf).  I use ibuprofen for that one.

Sleeping wrong gives me a headache.  I use Alleve for that one.

My kids' arguing gives me a headache.  I use a warm mug of vanilla chai latte and a good book for that one.

The stress of a long day gives me a headache.  I use my husband for that one.  ;)

I get headaches all the time--almost daily.  I can't take ibuprofen every single time or else it'll lose its effectiveness, so for the minor ones I just live with it.

I drink paracetamol when the headache is truly unbearable or strong enough to affect my concentration. But most of the time I take a rest. Nothing beats letting your body take a break. Headaches, colds and fever are body mechanisms to tell us that it's tired and needs to catch up. So, slow down :)

Usually my headaches are due to stress, so I will try taking a nap or doing something to calm me down. Sometimes they happen because I'm dehydrated (I am always forgetting to drink water lol) so I will try drinking and eating something or even a cold shower. I don't like taking medication unless I absolutely have to, so I usually just deal with it.

I have a lot of tension headaches.  I don't know if it's from sitting at my desk most of the day or what.  Every now and then, I'll get a headache that scares me.  I can feel my heart beating in my temples and it feels like my head is in a vice.  About the only thing that helps is Advil and sleep.

Usually, I'll take some over-the-counter medication. I really don't like taking pills, so I try to avoid it if possible. Otherwise, I'll take a nap or try to do some yoga to stretch my muscles out. Usually my headaches come from tension in my neck.

I must be pretty lucky because I never get headaches. My late mum used to get them all the time and took codeine which I don't think is recommended nowadays. My late mother in law kept a Feverfew plant and chewed a leaf every time she got a headache. This seemed to work.

When one is working in front of the computer for extended hours, eye strain is a possible cause for headache. This is why it is strongly recommended to make a habit of casting your sight to something green and moving outside the window every 20 minutes. I personally follow this recommendation.