For account approval and general support, email migi@paidforumposting.com or go to https://discord.gg/HtwZ9YD

Unexplained Beliefs

winuxchrosh

There are some things that I can't explain with my beliefs. For example, the light that was created on the first day of creation in the Bible.

Anyway, trying to explain this will be like science already and not about faith. Are there things that you believe in but you can't explain what it is?

Oh this could get really deep! As I grow older, I'm afraid I believe in less and less, and you always have to assume a first cause, like your light. You could say that God created the light but then who created God? If you assume that God was always there, why not assume that the light was always there? Do you see what I mean?

God is eternal; He is the only thing with no beginning. I do see your point, Silva. I tend, personally, to think that God is a much better explanation for everything than "chance" as some purport. And creation is, in my opinion, much easier to put faith into than evolution (that takes, I think, MORE faith to believe, since there is even less evidence for evolution than there is for creation)!

I'm not technically religious, but I do think of myself as spiritual. For some reason, I choose to believe that there is such thing as karma and that everything happens for a reason (or at least; what doesn't kill you, makes you stronger). I like to think positively as much as I can and I do question a lot of things.

I try to take life one day at a time :P

It would be really rough to explain things you have always taken by faith.  :) That's what faith is, believing in whatever you believe in, for no reason other than that's what you believe. ;)