For account approval and general support, email migi@paidforumposting.com or go to https://discord.gg/HtwZ9YD

Spicy or Mild?

wim2

Do you tend to like spicy or mild foods?  For me, it's spicy all the way.  I love Mexican food, because it normally contains peppers, onions, cayenne pepper and other lovely spicy flavors.  I love jalapeno peppers so much, I'll often grab one out of the jar and snack on it.  I love onions too.  When making a burger, instead of just a few rings of onion, I'll put a whole slice or two on my burger.  I put cayenne pepper on just about any meat I eat (chicken, pork, even some beef) and I love crushed red peppers on pizza.

So what about you.  Do you prefer mild or spicy?

I prefer spicy but it's vinegar that I really love. I eat loads of salads covered in balsamic vinegar. I eat pickled beetroot, pickled eggs, pickled everything and I drink cider vinegar regularly. Heck, I even use a sip of the stuff to cure my hiccups!

I am spicy all the way! I don't like jalapeño peppers as much anymore; I find them bitter. I prefer Thai Chile, habanero and banana peppers. Last summer I grew beans and made the spiciest dilly beans for my Caesar's and even spicy pickled beets!

I prefer mild, but I have a daughter who LOVES spicy! On the other hand, I have a son who HATES anything even a little bit spicy, so it goes both ways. :)

I like an occasional twang of spicy (like a few sausages on my pizza or some garlic in my mashed potatoes), but generally I go for mild.  When I eat spicy, all I taste is the spicy.  I prefer to taste the pork or the chicken or the potatoes or the pasta or the veggies, rather than feeling the textures of  those foods while my mouth simmers in a spicy brew.

I like spicy foods, as in jalapenos on nachos and "too much" garlic in Caesar salads. The spiciest food I ever had was in Mexico and I discovered that if you get into trouble with a burning tongue, some lime juice can bail you out right away.

Has anyone else here tried that?

I watched something on the Discovery channel once that the best thing for a burning mouth (from eating something too spicy) is milk.  They tested milk against water, beer, bread and a few other things, and milk was best to cool off your mouth.

I've never heard about lime juice.

I like both spicy and mild, so my answer depends on my mood.  I love hot chicken wings when I'm feeling stressed.  I order mild wings when I'm feeling content.  It's odd I know!

I really don't like Mexican food (besides taco's).  It is not the spice that keeps me away, it's the look and texture of the food.