For account approval and general support, email migi@paidforumposting.com or go to https://discord.gg/HtwZ9YD

Valentines' Day

Perfect7

Happy Heart Day! Do you do anything for Valentine's Day? Our family "celebrates" Valentine's Day on the 15th instead of the 14th - because everything is on sale then! ;)

That's a really sneaky plan; I like  it ;) I love Valentine's Day. I usually decorate my windows with little V-Day decals and do whatever we feel like doing. Last night, my fiancé took me to see a movie and it was nice to have some quality time together. We don't get much of that anymore since we work so often. It was nice. The simple things mean a lot to me.

This reminds me of my friend who asked me, "Why do we celebrate Valentines on the 14th? Why 14th?"

I was searching my head for a smart answer when he added, "My pay comes on the 15th!"

Think about it, if there's post-Valentine sale on the 15th, then we all should be thankful for the guy who put it on the 14th.

LOL!

We don't usually bother because it annoys me how they increase the prices of flowers and such like in the weeks preceding, but we did go out for a lovely meal last night.

I think it is a silly holiday also.  My fiance did bring home 3 roses and arranged for my sister to watch the kids.  We went out to a nice dinner and had a great time just the 2 of us.  I can count on one hand how many alone 'dates' we have had!

I used to always buy my wife roses and a card, and we'd go out for a special (special meaning anything but McDonald's or Taco Bell, lol) dinner, just the two of us.  We both loved Logan's Roadhouse and Red Lobster, so one year, we'd go to Logan's and next year, we'd go to Red Lobster.  Of course, now that we're seperated, that's money that I can keep in my pocket!

:D

Our younger kids celebrate Valentine's day with lots of candy at school.  My husband and I don't celebrate this one.  We figure we don't need Hallmark to tell us when to say "I love you". 

I am in a long distance relationship so we just talked on the phone. We both decided not to celebrate until I move to his hometown next week. I did get a nice picture valentine from and online friend though.