For account approval and general support, email migi@paidforumposting.com or go to https://discord.gg/HtwZ9YD

Sunday was supposed to be a day of rest!

Silva

I have such a helpful husband. When his widowed sister phoned at 10 am Sunday morning and asked if he'd lay her carpet tiles, he didn't hesitate. I had been anticipating a long, lazy day on my computer and instead I helped him with the work. Oh well, she bought us pizza as a thank you! (She has flat pack furniture to put together on Thursday so I think it'll be fish and chips that day!)  :D

That was nice of him.  I had a father-in-law like him.  Would do anything for you, at any time.  I'm glad he helped his sister.

Pizza's good, but so is fish and chips.  I like them both!

Very nice of your husband to do that for his sister! Especially on such short notice. :) My Sunday wasn't very restful, either, as I was helping my inlaws with some computer graphics work for church all afternoon.

• 2 months later...

That is what "family" means to me and it's great to hear that other families are the same.  Last Sunday I went and roto-tilled my parents garden (dad threw his back out).  When I got home my daughter and I spent about 3 hours tearing wallpaper off the kitchen walls. 

I agree, that's what "family" is all about, and my sister in law was the first to offer the use of her bathroom and kitchen facilities while we are having major work done on the house in the near future, so what goes around, comes around!

I have a neighbor who is like a sister to Marsha and I. She will call us if she's out and ask if there's anything we need brought back to us. She brings me the paper everytime she gets hers and will never let me pay for it. She's actually quite a bit closer to us than my family are. Marsha and I call her Sis and include her in everything we do. She's one special lady.