For account approval and general support, email migi@paidforumposting.com or go to https://discord.gg/HtwZ9YD

Cartoons

Perfect7

Wow, cartoons have really gone downhill since I was a kid. Although, even then, they weren't all written for children. Case in point: Rocky & Bullwinkle. Really NOT a children's show!

I like watching cartoons from time to time but I know what you mean. Some of them just don't make any sense and they have some jokes in there that I wonder why parents don't complain about. (Not that I want them to complain or anything)

I like adult cartoons, of which there are many including Futurama and South Park but these are obviously not for children. I liked the Flintstones as a child.

I love watching King of the Hill, Family Guy and American Dad, as far as the newer cartoons.  However, none of these even compare to Bugs Bunny, Tweety Bird, Tom and Jerry, Speedy Gonzalaz and Road Runner.  Tom and Jerry still come on occasionally and I drop everything I'm doing to watch.

You are making me nostalgic for Marine Boy, Hong Kong Phooey and Scooby Doo! My dad loved to watch all of these, I have a feeling he actually enjoyed them more than me! Tom and Jerry is timeless in my opinion. I still love to watch it too, as do most children I know.

I've never been a big fan of cartoons. But the new ones do seem to be worse then the old ones.

My kids love Tom and Jerry and the Pink Panther, along with other classic cartoons. But they aren't even allowed to watch some new cartoons, like Spongebob. And who can stand cartoons like Dora? No thanks!

You know what's really sad? The first word of one of my nephews was "Spongebob"! Obviously, they watch the show quite a bit - or at least talk about it!

When the first cartoons came out, many of the children who saw it couldn't outgrow it. So, the cartoon movie makers thought of things t show to these people.

Today, I believe not all cartoon movies are for kids. Take "Cars" for instance. I'm not sure it's for kids. It has a lot of conversations in it that are difficult to explain to kids. I can say the same about "Shark Tales" and "Up" movies.

I guess that just goes to show that everyone likes animation - even us grown up people! :) Have you seen Megamind yet? I really enjoyed that one!

I was awakened early this morning with heartburn and couldn't sleep, so I started flipping the channels and guess what I found.....Tom and Jerry.  They were on for like, an hour.  After that, it was the original "Charlie and the Chocolate Factory."

• 1 month later...

Cartoons are a great way to unwind and forget about the problems of the day.  Here are some classics, and perhaps many you have never even heard of before, but they were wonderful.  Super Chicken, which had other cartoon minis like Tom Slick.  George of the Jungle, DoDo The kid from outerspace, Magilla Gorilla.  There was one from the UK I loved - Count Duckula.  Any of the classics you remember and would like to share?