For account approval and general support, email migi@paidforumposting.com or go to https://discord.gg/HtwZ9YD

Pet peeve - everybody has one

stormy

Everyone has a pet peeve.  Some have many.  LOL.  What is yours?

Mine?  Bad table manners ............... particularly one who eats with their mouth open. When my daughter was 10 years old, I purchased for her a copy of the Emily Post Book of Etiquette.  This book is a valuable resource, and IMO everyone should have a copy in their home.

I think my tops would be a tie between those that lack common sense and those who refuse to better themselves but continue to complain about it. :D

I try to be fairly understanding to most people, and I'm generally relaxed. That said, I'm a little less tolerant when I'm driving. I get irritated easily by tailgating. The other big one for when I'm driving is when people go like ten miles per hour under the speed limit.

My personal pet peeves usually have to do with personal appearance. I have a problem with overweight people who wear inappropriately sized clothes. I have no interest in seeing your love handles, pal, put 'em away.

I can't stand tailgaters and people who go 10 miles over the speed limit, but I also don't like it when people go 10 miles under, when there's no way to go around them.

Oh the driving 10 miles under the speed limit gets me too, and like you said, particularly when you cannot get around them.  I also get irritated when people don't use their turn signal.  That really irks me.

Another thing that bothers me is people with bad "cell phone manners".  You know, those people that can't seem to tell the other person that they will call them back when they are checking out at the grocery store.  Or the person in the booth behind you talking loudly on their cell phone while you are trying to enjoy a dinner out.  I could go on and on about this but I think you get the picture.  :)

If I posted my entire list, the members section would be worried. :D I stuck with just the general ones for now. ;) And welcome to the boards Redwing!

I've never had a problem with anybody using a cell phone, ever. I don't really like to use mine in public just because I prefer my conversations to be private, but I don't care what other people do with theirs. I guess the way I see it, they'd be doing the same thing if that person was there with them in person.

Well, what I mean was, when the use of their cell phone is making the grocery store line go extra slow because they aren't paying attention to the cashier.

As for the example of a cell phone user at the booth behind me, I meant how some people just seem to talk extra loud when talking into their cell.  I'm sure they are trying to make sure the person on the other end can hear them, but there have been times when I couldn't hear what my husband was saying because of the person on their cell phone at the next booth.

My pet peeve are spammers and people who make posts just to pad their post count. We have this on a webmaster forum that I frequent so we make it so that those posts don't count heehee

I have a very long list, but will stick with the two most important.  Nasty drivers and people who lack common sense.  Oh, and I will add chime in on the cell phone thing. When the sign says "Turn off your cell phone", please do so.  I guess that goes hand in hand with the lack of common sense.

I've only had one time that I can recall being annoyed by a cell phone user.  I was watching a movie at the theater with my friend.  Someone had left their cell phone on during the movie and worse, he actually answered it.  The guy did finally stand up and walk out of the room, though he was talking the entire time. 

Also, when I'm out with a friend and she gets a call on her cell phone, I don't really like it when she talks to the caller for a long time.  I'm stuck sitting across from her with nothing else to do but listen to a one-sided conversation.  Since this doesn't happen often, I'm able to shrug it off.  So, I wouldn't say this is exactly a pet peeve of mine, just unappreciated.

Bad grammar and spelling from people are supposed to be writers!

I just came across an Internet site which told me about paidforumposting.com (for which I'm grateful  :-*) but the spelling and grammar in the text of their postings was pretty dire.  They had a box where you could leave comments - but I resisted being schoolmarm-ish and just left with a sigh!

Don't get me wrong, I wouldn't dream of pointing the finger at someone just because they weren't a very good speller or their general grammar was poor, but when someone sets themselves up as a writer and then posts second-rate work this is - well, my pet peeve!  :)

I really can't stand when people blast music from their cars or outside.  I love music but listening to other people's music that's on the highest volume makes me cringe!  >:(

My biggest pet peeve is more general, but the basic idea is that I hate it when people think they are the center of this universe.  Whether it's being rude in a grocery line or talking insanely loud on their cell phone, it all comes with the same attitude.  As far as going under the speed limit goes..yeah, that gets me, too.  Though, I do have a lead foot, so maybe I should get behind some more slow folks.

I can't stand it if I tell someone to do something and they do it wrong or don't do it.

I shout at them LOADS. Can't help it.Lol >:(:D

Styrofoam;

I cannot stand the sound! Even touching the stuff gives me goosebumps.

cubicle.jpg

This has to be my nightmare come true.

Wow, this is a great topic. Let me start a list:

• Power struggles with my kids.
  • Prejudice, whether sexism, racism, agism. Anything that dehumanizes a person. It could occur anywhere from anyone, covert and overt.
  • People not willing to educate themselves or not even seeing education as a solution. Education does not have to be formal. Education can just be reading a book or looking something on some reputable internet sites.
  • Lack of affordable, excellent childcare.
  • Lack of comprehensive sex ed in schools starting in 6th grade.

I hope I'll be able to impact the stuff I complain about. First, I'll start by educating myself...

Okay, I admit I have a few pet peeves. The worst one is staring. For example, when I go into the waiting room at the doctor's office, there is always one or more persons that will stare at me from the time I come in the door, walk to a chair, and sit down. I just don't understand that. I feel like asking them if they've ever seen another person before...or maybe saying, 'Can I help you?'. >:(

Another irritant is when someone calls repeatedly. It's even worse when there's other people in the house.

Well, enough complaining for today! Oh-and I apologize if I've offended anyone! :-[

• 1 month later...
Guest trader1499

I have a few.  :)

Walkee Talkee phones where I have to hear someones conversation in a restaurant.

Bad breath, and it's always these people who talk about an inch away from your face.

Tags hanging out of the back of someones shirt or underwear showing.

People driving close to me.

Bad manners, like not saying please or thank you.

Repeating my order 3 times at a drive-thru window.

Nail chewing is the biggest pet peeve I could have. I cant stand to watch someone sit there and chew on their fingernails. It is disgusting. Your fingers are very dirty and generate the most bacteria. EEK!

My pet peeve is bad drivers. There are so many bad drivers in the state I live its amazing that anyone gets where they are going in one piece. They all drive too fast in my opinion and yet the cops do nothing about it even though they are breaking the law.

Guest shanmuffingirl

My neighbors are a pet peeve of mine.  We live in the country and we have a big fenced in yard in the front of the house where our 4 year old plays and they will drive by extremely slowly and then floor it to pull into their driveway. Its creepy and annoying.